Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa 1/48 Me 109 F2
Arizonakid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 33 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 02:00 PM UTC
This was a nice little kit to put together. I was originally going to do it in the box top markings of Werner Molders. But when I opened it and saw the paint scheme for Hapt, Hans Asi Hahn, I just couldn't resist.

I think I may have overdone the weathering just a little bit, as I didn't really plan on it becoming as dark as it did, but Oh well .
raccoonrough
_VISITCOMMUNITY
West Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 239 posts
AeroScale: 47 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 03:43 PM UTC
Wow.......once again. I am amazed at your talents. Very nice build and wonderful paint job.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Spence
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 02:11 AM UTC
Very nicely done. The paint scheme and your weathering look nearly perfect.

The only issue I have is that your pictures are under exposed, causing the model to look to dark. I took the liberty to edit one just to show you the difference.
Joel

Arizonakid
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 33 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 08:11 AM UTC

Thank you Joel and Spence. Unfortunately though, I only have a simple little pocket digital camera, and it doesn't have any method to change exposures like a white balance. Only "inside", "outside", "sport", "portrait" . But I just downloaded the gimp program, and I will see what I can do with that.

Gary
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 04:26 AM UTC
Gary,
While I use a Nikon D90, I have a older Kodak C713 digital that I take out when I'm out fishing.

All decent digitals have those options on a control around or near the shutter. Usually on the back there is a button for "Menu". Once you access the menu you can change many of the default settings such as White Balance, ASA speed, etc. Many cameras give you the option of changing the size of the area that it meters for exposure. As an example, I use for close up/Macro work the spot setting. For landscapes I would use Matrix the largest setting. Default is usually somewhere in between.

You'd be surprised at how many settings you can change in your camera.
Joel
 _GOTOTOP