_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Rare kit
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 09:21 AM UTC
My brother is looking for a very rare kit by Fonderie Miniature's. It's a 1/48 scale Grumman F11F Tiger. Up until today I've never heard of this kit. If anyone has any information as to where I can buy one, please let me know. And yes I know it's going to be rather expensive.
Thanks,
Joel
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 09:39 AM UTC
You could check evil-bay; they seem to go for anything between $90 - 130 these days. Or perhaps haunt the swap meets?

Of course, the day after you find yours, Trumpeter or Tamiya will announce theirs...
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 09:45 AM UTC
Jessica,
been on ebay, and the last kit was sold 5/13. Went for around $145 plus $50 shipping from Australia. Did a few google searches, and it's not an easy kit to find. But like you said, spend the bucks on one, and next day some one will announce a brand new state of the art 1/48 scale F11F.
Joel
Peterpools
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 197 posts
AeroScale: 193 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 11:44 PM UTC
JA
Last FM Tiger sold on eBay just this month for $95. A dollar short and a day late - the story of my life! I'm still searching but the kit is rare and and sort after. Just seems to me that a limited run manufacturer(FM), seeing that one of their kits are in high demand, would either crank up the old molds again and even better, make new, up to date set of molds and offer the kit again.
Bro
Joel_W
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 - 01:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

JA
Last FM Tiger sold on eBay just this month for $95. A dollar short and a day late - the story of my life! I'm still searching but the kit is rare and and sort after. Just seems to me that a limited run manufacturer(FM), seeing that one of their kits are in high demand, would either crank up the old molds again and even better, make new, up to date set of molds and offer the kit again.
Bro

Pete,
Every company seems to reissue their kits from time to time. Even the Accurate Miniature kits are now reboxed by Italeri, with the exception of the Vindicator series, which would indicate that either those molds no longer exist, or they didn't purchase them, which makes no sense. So just maybe they no longer have the molds. or if it was a limited production run, then the molds may be useless now even if they still have them.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP