_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Going Rate For Cutting Edge Chinese AWACS?
awrc
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
AeroScale: 61 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:10 PM UTC
Anybody know what sort of prices the big Cutting Edge conversion to turn the Monogram 1/48 B-29 into the Chinese Kong Jiang-1 AWACS aircraft is these days?

For medical reasons, it looks like I may not be able to keep modeling as long as I'd hoped, and I'm thinking of selling off some things that were always rather daunting "I'll build it one of these days" so I can use the cash to get the bits to "finish off" kits I *do* think I can get built fairly soon.

This set's been sitting in the B-29 box along with the (not required but preferable for de-turreting the kit) Cutting Edge "Silverplate" conversion for years. Since I'm long-term unemployed and possibly facing motor neuron degeneration, which'll greatly impair my ability to build if it turns out to be on the more serious end of the spectrum, it may make sense to sell these items and spend the proceeds on the odds and ends I need to finish off kits that I can build *quickly* rather than big, year-long projects like this.

I know it's not absolutely 100% intact - the bags were opened to check the parts and some of the prop blades had detached from the casting blocks (leaving the pin to attach them to the spinner) when it was first sent to me (and CE went out of business before I had a chance to request replacements).

However the set's enough of a rarity that I've never seen it on eBay (except for one attempted $600 sale on eBay that didn't go, at least at the first attempt), so I've no idea what it's worth to people (probably a lot, but that spans a wide range). Has anybody else sold (or, for that matter, bought) one, with or without the "Silverplate" conversion parts, and if so, what sort of price did you get?

I'm only thinking about selling the resin sets - I figure the kit itself will probably cost more to ship than it'd cost to buy, and it'll make it easier to ship the Cutting Edge stuff securely.

Cheers,

Al
 _GOTOTOP