Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Meng's Me 410 1/48
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 02:41 PM UTC
This is a new manufacture to me and after viewing the kit online a while back I have one on hold at my LHS . Going the photo's this appears to be a very well detail kit , but what about the fit , is this well engineered ? How is the over all detail and does one really need resin ?

Terri
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 03:35 PM UTC
Here's a look inside the box. Gaston hates it, which is an automatic recommendation.
Antoon3103
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 224 posts
AeroScale: 146 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 06:21 PM UTC
Teri,

There are a couple of builds on you tube.
Here is one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Yvt93sFbaw

Tony
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2014 - 07:53 PM UTC
Hi Terri,

You should at least use the Vector correction sets for the oil coolers and prop + spinner (especially the coolers are undersized) Got mine from Ultracast. I do not know if they did somthing on the tool for the Me 410A-1 boxing.

All in all I found the kit rather disappointing,, not because it is bad, but because it has little improvements over the Revellogram kit and has other mistakes instead. The cockpit is on par with Revell, which is not a praise for a kit more than 15 years younger. The gun(bomb) bay in the Me 410 B-2/U4 kit is a joke.

So you get a good looking kit in the box that needs some help if you have a soft spot for some more accurace. I have not built mine, but it seems o.k. (the Revellogram was o.k. too)

BTW both kits differ in length and wingspan, but I could not find out which is right as there are many things unclear (Me 210-->Me 210 long-->Me 410).

all the best

Steffen
thegirl
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 6,743 posts
AeroScale: 6,151 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2014 - 02:05 AM UTC
Jessica , No doubt if Gaston hates it . It's definitely worth picking up . Thanks for the link . Andy did a nice job on the review . Now if we could get him to build it

Tony , Not a bad video at all . Seems to build up nice but no mention of fit issues . Costa did a beautiful job on the painting ! I have tried Vallejo air and they are not that bad of a paint . They work better in a siphon feed airbrush , slower paint draw . Just wish the LHS carried more in that range .

Steffen , as always your feedback is most welcomed . I could live with the inaccuracies but I will check out Vectors correction set . They didn't have the Revellogram kit , their selection isn't all that great at times . It is disappointing that only two decal options are included considering the cost of the kit which will set me back 100 bucks .

Terri
 _GOTOTOP