Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hobbycraft Bf 109K-4 FINISHED
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 06:22 AM UTC
Here are some pictures of my recently finished 1/48 scale Hobbycraft Bf 109K-4.
This model was modified by swapping the tall tail out for the early short tail but otherwise built O.O.B.
The full size ''white 14'' was an early production Bf 109K-4 and was one of the many II./ JG 52 109's that was flown to Neubiberg on May 8th 1945 to surrender to American forces. I don't know why this K-4 had the earlier short metal tail on it but most likely the original tall tail was damaged and a metal tail from a grounded G-6 or G-14 was used by the ground crew to keep this K-4 in service.
Since this K-4 had the early production camouflage pattern on it and had signs of other unit markings being painted over this aircraft must have seen a lot of action during the last months of the war.

Matrixone
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 02:57 AM UTC
Les,
Very nicely done. One really can't tell the difference between your model and the real deal in that picture. Congrats on achieving that level of work. The 3/4 rear pictures show just how well your camo paint scheme came out. And the last picture done as a B&W with the grain effect, really is done quite nicely.
Joel
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 09:41 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments Joel!

I will be posting pictures of the Hasegawa Bf 109G-14 soon, it turned out better than the Hobbycraft 109's.

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP