_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Eduard Bf110D 1/48 colour question
Tin_Bitz
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 35 posts
AeroScale: 23 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 09:42 AM UTC
Good evening all.

I am currently in the process of building the Eduard Messerschmitt Bf 110D. I am doing the 4./ZG 26, Mediterranean, spring 1941. Its option C. - Balkan campaign. Some of the colours on this paint scheme are a little suspect as the pictures do not relate to the correct colours on the top of the wings. My questions however is about the leading edge of the wings on the top of the wing. It shows that there is a band of RLM76 which is the same colour as the underside. I do not remember seeing this on any other German aircraft of the period; my reference on the 110 is very limited. Does anyone know if this is correct or a slip up on Eduard’s part?

Any help would be much appreciated as it has taken me quite some time to get the model to the final stages.
Snorri23
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 514 posts
AeroScale: 244 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 12:32 PM UTC
I do not recall any RLM 76 curving over the leading edge that early in the war. Will look at the ref what I have. Someone else maybe able to confirm my suspicions.
DougN1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 410 posts
AeroScale: 409 posts
Posted: Monday, May 05, 2014 - 03:59 AM UTC
It would be useful to post a scan of the markings option you are referring to as not everyone has the kit.

Doug
 _GOTOTOP