_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Have a couple questions about two types
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:42 AM UTC
While the project I'm currently engaged in is going reasonably well, I've also been doing research on a couple other types, and am curious if anyone else has tackled these at some time.

One of the types that has caught my eye was the Vickers Type 61 Vulcan, which was a proposed single engine passenger transport that Vickers built around 1921. It had a checkered career as an airliner. I like it because I have a soft spot in my heart for tubby ladies like the Vulcan.

The other type that caught my eye is the Boulton Paul P 64, which was a proposed mail plane. The prototype proved to be somewhat less than acceptable, and so Boulton Paul tried to improve the design with the P 71, but, sadly, that too proved to be unacceptable.

I wouldn't mind attempting to build a model of this, if only because of the nonagonal cowls of the engine nacelles. Besides, like the Vulcan, this design holds a lot of character, at least to me.
CaptnTommy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 424 posts
AeroScale: 389 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 05:39 AM UTC
If you haven't already visit www.flightglobal.com. click on the "Histortic" hot button; then enter in the search Vickers Vulcan; 1922 in From and To.

There will come up on the search a fine technical review of the Machine along with a nice general arangement that you can down load in PDF.

This is a great source of contemporary data.

Good luck
enjoy
Captn Tommy
maxmwill
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 334 posts
AeroScale: 291 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 06:39 AM UTC
Thanks
 _GOTOTOP