_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Mig suggestion
Sheehan1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 124 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 06:16 PM UTC
I am waiting on my Academy Sabre F 86 1/48th kit. I think a good follow up would be the Russian Mig that was the plane I think the Sabre was pitched against. Was it the Mig Fagot? Anyway can anyone suggest a good quality kit for this particular plane
Boogieboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 - 12:04 AM UTC
Tamiya makes an excellent MiG-15 "Faggot" in 1/48th scale.
Nito74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
AeroScale: 635 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 - 02:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am waiting on my Academy Sabre F 86 1/48th kit. I think a good follow up would be the Russian Mig that was the plane I think the Sabre was pitched against. Was it the Mig Fagot? Anyway can anyone suggest a good quality kit for this particular plane

Here's a list of what's available: Mig-15

My money would be on Tamyia, Trumpeter or Hasegawa depending on the availability.

Hope to see those Cold War Classics on a Buildlog ...
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Here's a list of what's available: Mig-15

My money would be on Tamyia, Trumpeter or Hasegawa depending on the availability.

Hope to see those Cold War Classics on a Buildlog ...

I don't know about the Trumpeter kit, though the reviews are good, but the Hasegawa kit is just a reboxing of the old Monogram kit which I believe is out of scale and I know has raised panel lines.

The Tamiya kit is excellent. The only problem I know of is that I'm not sure it's easily available now. The plated silver version is tricky because it's hard to clean up seams like this. If that doesn't bother you or you know how to strip the plating off (my plan with the unbuilt one I have), or you can get one that's not plated, it's a great kit.

Michael
Sheehan1
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 135 posts
AeroScale: 124 posts
Posted: Friday, June 06, 2014 - 09:42 AM UTC
Thanks for the advice. I searched for a while and cant find the Tamiya. I saw a review which rated it the best kit so seems it is not easy to find. Might try the Trumpeter. Will do some more trolling on the net and see what I find.
 _GOTOTOP