_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
REVIEW
Rumpler Aircraft of WWI
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
AeroScale: 2,225 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 09:14 PM UTC
Rumpler Werke A.G. of Johannistahl manufactured frontline aircraft for the German Fliegertruppe from 1914 - 1918. Aeronaut books just publish one of the highest quality references on the subject. Lets have a look.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
BoRoss78
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 36 posts
AeroScale: 36 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 22, 2014 - 06:12 AM UTC
Man, where have you been!?!
StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Monday, June 23, 2014 - 06:13 AM UTC
While I don't yet this Rumpler book, I agree with Jack and can't speak highly enough of Jack Herris's work.

I purchased Aeronaut Books' "Gotha Aircraft of WWI: A Centennial Perspective on Great War Airplanes" (same author and style of presentation) and was surprisingly blown away by thoroughness of the presentation and variety of subjects. There are literally dozens of plane designs that were produced, that one just doesn't see in general media. It goes without saying, that I will be picking this one up!

Only gripes I would have (Gotha book I have, not this one):
- for $30+ thick soft cover, one can only wish for better quality paper and print, as some of the rare photographs do not quite make it in desired detail. Some of the color plates are also a tad on the dark side.
- some information is repeated throughout the book, ad naseum... I don't know if this is written for ADD generation, but some prevailing facts are too prevailing...

These are certainly getting focus of my purchasing power - thanks for bringing the "Rumpler" to my attention!
 _GOTOTOP