_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
IAI NESHER
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 10:04 AM UTC
Israeli Nesher:
Based on the fact,The Nesher was designed from a Mirage V, why
do manufacturers and modelers alike start Nesher builds from a Mirage III,and make changes to the airframe to depict a Nesher. Would seem more appropriate to start w/ an actual
Mirage V.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 10:00 PM UTC
A Mirage V is a Mirage III whereby certain (internal, placed behind the cockpit) electronics have been removed. So they are basically the same aircraft.

As far as I know there is no visible difference except for painting and country. You can use the same model, put french marks on it and then it is a Mirage III, and with Belgian markings its a Mirage V.

To make this a bit more general, it is amazing how poor manufacturers are in promoting and "selling" their kits.

Each Mirage III kit could be promoted as a Mirage III/V with a few diferent paint schemes and decals raising the interest of more modellers in more countries.

One recent example I came accross is the recent re-boxing of the Ch-53 (1/48 scale) by Revell. By now, this model has been re-boxed at least 7 times and it contains all the parts to make virutally any 2-engined CH-53 type.

Still, there is no mentioning of this fact on the box, nor on the intruction sheet.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 - 12:48 AM UTC
Actually, that's not quite true. The engine and nose are different between the Mirage III and 5, but more importantly the intakes are different. The intake on the IIIC starts further forward, under the cockpit. The Mirage 5 intake starts behind the cockpit. I believe the IIIE has intakes like the 5, however.

Michael
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 08:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Actually, that's not quite true. The engine and nose are different between the Mirage III and 5, but more importantly the intakes are different. The intake on the IIIC starts further forward, under the cockpit. The Mirage 5 intake starts behind the cockpit. I believe the IIIE has intakes like the 5, however.

Michael

Michael:
As you said, The III & V are different in several ways. I know this more in depth do to RESEARCH. But I wasn't going to enter A DEBATE when I already know the facts, that someone else does not. So any how AS I SAID A MIRAGE III is not a NESHER, with out mods, but it would br easier and closer if you started from a Mirage V
Todd
 _GOTOTOP