_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Dragon UH-1D reissue
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 11:54 AM UTC
It looks like Dragon has reissued their UH-1D kit. There are quite a few on eBay going for around $40 plus shipping. Get them while you can.
HueyCE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 - 10:33 AM UTC
The photo-etch is good and the fuselage shape is pretty close, but it has serious errors in the details to the point I wonder if they actually looked at a uH-1 before producing this kit. Amazingly the old Revell beastie is more accurate in the details. At least the figures and instrument panels are good.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2016 - 08:47 PM UTC
Agreed, it is not perfect, but it is all that is out there in 1/35, for now.

With a little work, it can come out nicely though.

UH-1N/Bell 212, same kit w/a different nose and engine cowl.
Herchealer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
AeroScale: 175 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 04:35 AM UTC
You have to remember, Dragon did not do these kits. They bought the molds from Panda (not the Panda we know know). They look like Huey's to me.
HueyCE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:41 AM UTC
where did you get the IPS (Improved Particle Separator)for the White Sands Huey? I've considered fabricating one but if there is a part already available I'm for it!
HueyCE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 07:46 AM UTC
Guess I'm a little OCD on UH-1s but the least they could have done was use the right tail rotor and something that resembles the actual transmission.. the rotor blades are at least an easy fix
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 - 05:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

where did you get the IPS (Improved Particle Separator)for the White Sands Huey? I've considered fabricating one but if there is a part already available I'm for it!

The IPS is out of the Fireball Modelworks 1/32 Huey ASE set. Most of their 1/32 parts can be made to work on the 1/35 model and look great.

Quoted Text

Guess I'm a little OCD on UH-1s but the least they could have done was use the right tail rotor and something that resembles the actual transmission.. the rotor blades are at least an easy fix

The tail rotor is fixable as well. Knowing the problems are there is half the battle. I had a few old Revel 1/32 Huey hulks from many years ago that I use to update some of the parts on the ones I did. Also, Cobra Company has some nice update/correction sets for them that bring the details up a bunch as well.
 _GOTOTOP