_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II: Germany
Aircraft of Germany in WWII.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Purists beware! Here's a twin FW-190 for ya!
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 10:52 AM UTC
If there’s one thing that can be “blamed” for my ever-increasing love of weird aircraft models, it’s the crazy world of “Luft ‘46”. I LOVE concept aircraft, especially those churned out on the napkins and lunchroom tables of the final days of Nazi Germany! There was no real end to the ideas those engineers and designers were willing to consider, and there weren’t apparently any rules as to what should and shouldn’t be tried.

With a situation like that, it doesn’t take much to really fire up my imagination, and often I find myself MAKING UP my own Luft ’46 creations instead of going with more “mainstream” and “legit” options, of which there are quite a few! To that end, I thought the following:

If a Mustang was good, and they made a Twin Mustang, then it stands to reason that since the FW-190 D9 was good, there really should have been a twin of that! Thus, another one of my forays into the dark reaches of my imagination began. The result is the FW-380; check it out and let me know what you think. I always love input, especially on my Luft ’46 creations!

http://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/planes/hellerairfix-172-focke-wulf-fw-380/

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 12:38 PM UTC
Adam,

I think your concept is great and the model is super! I hope you will treat us to more!
Mcleod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,028 posts
AeroScale: 939 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 01:35 PM UTC
I think its beautiful, though it could use a horizontal between the tails. The paint is outstanding.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
AeroScale: 630 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 05:50 PM UTC
Looking great, Adam, in this hobby everything goes, nice paintwork as well !
Berwickboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 450 posts
AeroScale: 387 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 - 06:08 AM UTC
I think it could play 'musical' havoc with a bomber stream
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
AeroScale: 564 posts
Posted: Friday, September 12, 2014 - 06:12 AM UTC
Nice one Adam, great camo and I love the "Schräge Musik" battery in the starboard fuselage.
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 10:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice one Adam, great camo and I love the "Schräge Musik" battery in the starboard fuselage.

Agreed. Could you imagine the nightmare of finding the center of gravity to fly the real thing?
Gremlin56
KitMaker: 3,897 posts
AeroScale: 564 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 05:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Agreed. Could you imagine the nightmare of finding the center of gravity to fly the real thing?

That is luckily one thing you don't have to take into consideration on "what if" builds..............
Mechworker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 352 posts
AeroScale: 115 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 08:55 AM UTC
Yeah, CoG would be a menace, that's for sure!

I try and make my What Ifs as realistic as I can, taking the engineerng side into account, but in this case it was just too fun to worry about. I think, in retrospect, I'd make the Schraege Muzik installation a 2 or 3 cannon installation at most, if I had to do it again.

Also, imagine the flash blindness from firing all of those things!
 _GOTOTOP