_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Compressor Auto-Stop Function not working
Maelstrom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 03:39 PM UTC
Hi, I would like some help troubleshooting a problem I have with my AS186 compressor. Lately i have been noticing that the auto stop function no longer kicks in. The reading on the gauge idles at about 50 psi (which i presume is the max pressure), but the compressor fails to cut off, and even heats up a little bit, which can't be good!

I've done an air-leak check by turning off the compressor at the max pressure but did not notice any drop in the needle. There does not appear to be any loss of pressure/leak btw the compressor/hose/airbush; the connections are tight. My airbrush also seems to work fine without the auto-stop function. I'm really stumped.
Dragon164
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,909 posts
AeroScale: 508 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 04:06 PM UTC
You might need a new pressure sensor, that shuts off the power when it reaches pressure.

Cheers Rob.
gaborka
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Borsod-Abauj-Zemblen, Hungary
KitMaker: 626 posts
AeroScale: 264 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 07:31 PM UTC
Your pressure switch must be replaced (this is the black part with the short wire at the top of the piston). I advise you to bring it to a power-tool or compressor repair service since it is very firmly mounted to place, and would be hard to remove with household tools. The pressure switch itself should be available at the importer of the compressor, or at electric parts suppliers for a reasonable price (about 15 EUR here in Europe, I don't know the prices in Australia though).

Maelstrom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 20 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 02:46 PM UTC
Thanks guys, I have a feeling that it is indeed a problem with the pressure switch. Going to go into my local hobby shop and inquire about a good place to service/repair it.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
AeroScale: 290 posts
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 - 07:22 PM UTC
Dinuka Never use a compressor that does not shut off when full presssure is reached, as I am sure you are aware, but in case you don't something will explode.
 _GOTOTOP