_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
Sopwith Camel 1:32 Academy
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 - 01:58 AM UTC

No i nowy modelik skończony !
Perhaps it's greatest claim to fame was its downing of the famous Red Baron by Sopwith Camel pilot Roy Brown on April 21, 1918. Or was he done in by ground fire by the Aussies??
About Roy Brown....

Roy Brown's Sopwith CamelRoy Brown became captain of the 209 Squadron of the Royal Air Force (RAF) in the spring of 1918. His school friend "Wop" May, a relatively inexperienced pilot, was assigned to Brown’s squadron. At the same time, Rittmeister Manfred von Richthofen, known as the Red Baron, and his young cousin Wolfram, were flying in Germany’s Jasta 11 Squadron.
Teraz troszke o samym modelu.Jest to dość stary i archaiczny model ,no ale z braku innego musimy zadowolić się tym co mamy .

Przyznam sie że za bardzo nie miałem ochoty męczyć sie z przeróbkami ( jak wiadomo takim maniakiem to ja nie jestem ):oops:
bo była by to zmiana w 80 %Postanowiłem że tylko zmienię wnętrze modelu ,które tutaj nie przypomina orgianłu w 100%.
jeszcze zmieniłem detale na zewnątrz kadłuba (dokładnie to wyloty łusek i te dwie wystające rurki z boku .W originale to były jakieś dwie rurki stożkowe .Troszkę zeszlifowałem zbyt uwydatnione żeberka .I jeszcze zrobilem nowe wlewy paliwa
Wnętrze przerobione pokazane na fotka ,które dołączam

Koniec tego mękolenia czas na konkretne zdjęcia :banan:

StukaJr
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 346 posts
AeroScale: 292 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 - 08:32 AM UTC
Fantastic build - like the scratch-built(?) improvements and final results, really looks the part...

This is inspiring me to take a stab at my own Academy Camel as wait for WnW is getting tiresome. Thanks for sharing and the push in the (hopefully) right direction!
phantom_phanatic309
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,568 posts
AeroScale: 1,619 posts
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 - 09:47 AM UTC
Nice work.
I hear that Academy are set to reissue this and the Nieuport with some Etch parts. I may have to look into them once they're out as WnW are beyond my budget.
bzak
_VISITCOMMUNITY
California, United States
KitMaker: 264 posts
AeroScale: 87 posts
Posted: Friday, September 26, 2014 - 02:39 AM UTC
Howdy,

Here are a couple of links for the re-release of the Nieuport 17 and Sopwith Camel. I might have to get the Camel just for the Devil gunsight for Barker's plane.

http://www.academy.co.kr/eng/1p/1p_plaview.asp?pView=PLA0000001&pCode=1131&pScale=SCALE00001
http://www.academy.co.kr/eng/1p/1p_plaview.asp?pView=PLA0000001&pCode=1130&pScale=SCALE00001

Brian Riedel
 _GOTOTOP