_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Space Shuttle Discovery & Boosters 1:144
Stellified
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 07:24 AM UTC
Hi, I am new to modelling and this forum. This is my very first build using any form of modelling kit. I have always had an interest in space particularly both Nasa and Roscosmos programmes. When I saw this Revell kit in the shop I thought that it might be rather good to give it a go despite having never built one of these kits before, anyway I acquired all the paints and materials and set to work. The little time I had after work was spent making this model. I know that certain elements of it are not correct, such as the ribbed external tank, size of the mobile launch platform, the tail service masts etc. I do not have the modelling experience of technical ability to scratch-build also. (I understand that Airfix produce the same scale stack with correct external tank and shuttle shape etc..) and I tried my best with mixing the colours for the external tank. I also used tile decals for additional detail. I would like member's opinions on my first build and my pursuit in the modelling hobby. I was not sure how best to present the model, so I've posted a link to a short video along with a track I like...I enjoy reading the forum and hope to make another model in the near future, perhaps a 1/144 Saturn V?

Video Link: http://youtu.be/zOcy4Rp0Qbc

Thanks!
sweaver
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 759 posts
AeroScale: 184 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 07:56 AM UTC
Wow. Very nicely done, even if it were your 100th model.

Congrats!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 02, 2014 - 08:56 AM UTC
The good folks in Modelgeek will really love that
 _GOTOTOP