_GOTOBOTTOM
Early Aviation
Discuss World War I and the early years of aviation thru 1934.
New Moderator Needed
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 08:35 AM UTC
Hi everyone

This has been a difficult topic to approach, because Stephen Lawson basically built up Aeroscale's coverage of Early Aviation from next to nothing to being a primary part of our site.

Since Stephen's regrettable decision to move on earlier this year, I haven't asked publicly for help until now. Out of respect for him and all he did for Aeroscale, I also haven't approached anyone individually to take over, but I think it's important that we continue to build the section of Aeroscale that he devoted so much energy to - or else we will see it begin to wither on the vine.

So, the WW1/Golden Age forum definitely needs a new hand on the tiller to make sure the result of all Stephen's hard work doesn't slowly ebb away.

I know it's a desperately hard call to ask anyone to follow in the wake of someone who stamped his persona so indelibly on the topic, but I only have to look at the fantastic quality of the submissions to this forum to know that the skill assuredly is here. All that's required is the confidence to step up to the plate.

So, please just drop me or any of the AeroStaffers a line if you're interested.

All the best

Rowan
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
AeroScale: 2,904 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 06:29 AM UTC
Apropos of this plea, I think it is scandalous that we do not have a WWI aircraft campaign ongoing during the Centennial Anniversary of the Great War. On my own initiative therefore (hope I don't get in trouble) I am starting a new series of WWI campaigns in memory of the war Steven's Knights of the Sky builds. Please see the Air Campaigns forum for the formal announcement!

Michael
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 07:25 PM UTC
Hi Michael

Nice one! I'll definitely try to build (and actually finish!) something for that!

All the best

Rowan
 _GOTOTOP