_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Cobra Company ?
andyevans
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 12:24 AM UTC
In a breathtaking display of non-existent customer service, after enquiring about ordering some items, Chris Miller of Cobra Company informed me that he will not ship an order to the UK and does not sell to distributors - only to the client.

Well, obviously not then. So that begs the question, with an outstanding business plan like this, how the *** can I actually get hold of these products ?

I am specifically looking to buy the 1/35 UH-1D update/detail set for the Panda/Dragon kit and the M6 Quad 60 system for the UH-1C. Can anyone help me source these two kits ?

Many thanks. (and good luck with that attitude Chris)
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

In a breathtaking display of non-existent customer service, after enquiring about ordering some items, Chris Miller of Cobra Company informed me that he will not ship an order to the UK and does not sell to distributors - only to the client.

Well, obviously not then. So that begs the question, with an outstanding business plan like this, how the *** can I actually get hold of these products ?

I am specifically looking to buy the 1/35 UH-1D update/detail set for the Panda/Dragon kit and the M6 Quad 60 system for the UH-1C. Can anyone help me source these two kits ?

Many thanks. (and good luck with that attitude Chris)

I had the same experience with Cobra when trying to order pieces for an MH-53.

In my opinion, if you now start searching for people who are willing to do the work Cobra should be doing then you are rewarding this company for its lousy attitude giving them sales they don't deserve.

Just forget about it (like I did), there are plenty of decent companies and kits, you don't need to be bitten by that cobra.
ubisuck
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 461 posts
AeroScale: 85 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I had the same experience with Cobra when trying to order pieces for an MH-53.

In my opinion, if you now start searching for people who are willing to do the work Cobra should be doing then you are rewarding this company for its lousy attitude giving them sales they don't deserve.

Just forget about it (like I did)
, there are plenty of decent companies and kits, you don't need to be bitten by that cobra.

Did the same. My CH-53E survived.
valholm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oslo, Norway
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 02:54 AM UTC
I have also ordered items from Cobra Company and got the same service (or lack of it). Thankfully I had a friend living in TX at the time who ordered what I needed and sent it onwards to Norway.

I have heard that the reason for Cobra Company not shipping outside conus is because that the owner have had problems with buyers/distributors outside conus in the past.

Ordering from inside the US was fast and with the help of my friend I got my exellent resinparts withing two weeks after it was ordered.

I must say one thing, the resin parts to the 1:35 Hind is excellent and lifts the trumpy Hind several levels in detail. Too bad its so hard for us outside the US to get hold of them..
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 03:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have heard that the reason for Cobra Company not shipping outside conus is because that the owner have had problems with buyers/distributors outside conus in the past.

Yes, I was told the same and if that company gets enough business from inside US then I can understand that they do not want to take additional risks.

On the other hand, I don't really believe that each one of the 250 million US inhabitants is 100% honest either so they must have some negative experience with US customers as well.

And I can't believe that inside US it is easy to go after a bad buyer from another state that has not payed for a 50 dollar purchase either...

Finally, nothing we can do about it, and yes, it hurst not getting the excellent parts they produce. Luckily, there are plenty of manufacturers that don't hesitate to sell me stuff.

Mcleod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,028 posts
AeroScale: 939 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 03:36 AM UTC
Well, I have friends in the US who would be more than happy to send me Cobra product. However, why waste my time and money, now that I've read this threads content.
As has been said, its best to just forget about them. Its easy enough to find companies with crappy customer service that ship worldwide.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 04:24 AM UTC
I have spoken to Chris and the issue is not with the customers not paying. The issue is with overseas postal systems loosing his products and not being reimbursed when he sends another order to the buyer. He want's to support the customers, but can't afford the losses due to postal services. Because of this, he restricts his business to the US only.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 - 04:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I have spoken to Chris and the issue is not with the customers not paying. The issue is with overseas postal systems loosing his products and not being reimbursed when he sends another order to the buyer. He want's to support the customers, but can't afford the losses due to postal services. Because of this, he restricts his business to the US only.

That does not explain why he refuses to work with renown EU retailers like Hannants for instance.

It is also strange that Hannants, subject to these poor mail services is not broke yet.

But finally, this is a fruitless discussion. Cobra does not sell worldwide, very regrettable as I read on many US sites that the products are excellent.

But there are worse things in life and this is only a minor inconvenience.
valholm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oslo, Norway
KitMaker: 19 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 05:10 PM UTC
Ah, so that was the reason why he does not sell outside the US. I see modelling as fun, and getting goodies from a vendor that does not sell to the Europe I see as a challenge. Takes longer to get, but then again tastes even better when it arrives.
 _GOTOTOP