_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Underworked/Unpaid Acrft Editor Seeks Content
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 05:01 AM UTC
I've only been around the site partially over the last six weeks due to work/vacation but I'm back now and will be hard at work again on the aircraft section of Armorama. I've got news and reviews to catch up on so look for some new stuff in the coming days.

If you haven't noticed, aircraft content submissions have virtually dried-up over the last couple of months. I've seen some great stuff posted in the forums and gallery so I know there's content out there. Here's a quick rundown of what you guys can submit in the way of content:

1. News. News in the model industry is always flowing. If you see something about a new release/product update/aftermarket accessory on a manufacturers website, please feel free to submit a news article regarding the product. News submissions are pretty much open to any aircraft related subject so just about anything goes. When submitting news articles, please include as much detail as possible, pics if there are any and/or a link to the material so an editor can preview the submission and publish.

2. Reviews. All of you have kits that you are building which provides a great opportunity to submit reviews of kit and/or products you use to build it. Examples of reviews include: in-box review, full-build review, aftermarket accessory reviews, aftermarket decal review, tool/supplies review. A single project for you can yield several reviews if you want. These reviews are not only great for the site but they help other modelers as well who are looking for good information on products before they buy.

3. Features. Two flavors here: full-blown feature with text/pics or just a pic version.

a. Full Blown Feature. These are generally detailed article describing a build. They are usually two or more pages in length and include pictures of the build in-progress. Technique articles (such as fixing a gap or seam) would also fit into this category.

b. On-Display Feature. This is by far the easiest content to submit to Armorama. Most people now have digital cameras and are posting pics of their completed models either in the Rivet Review Board Forum of in the Gallery. If you could take the time to submit a set of 3-10 photos of your completed subject I can quickly turn it around as an On-Display Feature. The only text I need with the photos is the basics of the kit: scale, manufacturer, kit, any aftermarket items used or any other pertinent information. The pics do need to be of pretty good quality though. I can do some magic using a graphics editing program but if the pic is blurry, grainy or too dark to begin with, there isn't much I can do and the pics/submission will not be used.

Here's a link to the content submission page that provides further direction on content submission:

Contributing To The Site

I guess that's about it for now. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me an email or private message. You could always just respond to this post as well.
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 07:03 AM UTC
Hi Bryan

A belated Happy New Year! I'm just back from an Xmas break with some new kits... so I'll have some Previews ready to post soon...

I've also got a new build started - a vacuform (so it's a bit unusual)... I'll try to write a feature as I go.

All the best

Rowan
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 07:52 AM UTC
:-) I have often thought about this question, but never asked it. I am more than happy to send in pics of some of my finished models, and had done in the old system and happy to send some again. What about ones of those that exist in articles, such as my Bf 110-G2 and Curtis Helldiver.
I also have at least 4 articles in the pipeline, applying decals, applying washes, re-scribing panel lines and using kitchen foil as a bare metal finish. One is done and on the way, ref PM, the other three need some writing and some pics taking. They have been delayed partly because I'm changing jobs, but i will get them to you as soon as I can. There is also a problem with lack of daylight, to take pics, at this time of year.
Mal
RotorHead67
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,174 posts
AeroScale: 226 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 08:40 PM UTC
TIN CAN
Howdy mate. My pc skills are not on the IBM level by any means. But I am currently
working on an article ,that is in good topic for the current campaign DFA. Im working as fast as I can. I will also be sending some reviews tonight, via the content link. TY for the link and the inquiry from us here @ ARMORAMA. I dont understand the length of time that submissions stay on the home page, but I'm always willing to help out with content.
Stay TOONED for some Brain food.
bytepilot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Karnataka, India / भारत
KitMaker: 381 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 04:03 PM UTC
Hi TC,

I will be sending in a FA about my Indian Navy SHAR after two weeks. Am in the last lap, but dunno if I'll be able to make the campaign deadline. Anyway, do watch ou for that...

BP.
 _GOTOTOP