_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Any input on the 1/35 CMK UH-1D sets?
sherb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 02:02 PM UTC
I've been contemplating picking up CMK's 1/35 UH-1D detail sets (cargo bay, interior and luggage compartment) but I haven't been able to locate any decent out of the box photos or reviews.

Has anyone out there picked them up? I know it's a subjective question but are they worth it....do they really add something? From the small pictures I've seen of the cargo bay set it looks as though the rear seats are more detailed and cloth like but I can't make out much more than that.

Thanks.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - 10:14 PM UTC
Great question. I've been wondering the same as well. I haven't seen anyone use them either.

I have their OH-6 sets and they look really nice. I am assuming the UH-1 sets are on par in quality.

Anybody used them yet?
sherb
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 752 posts
AeroScale: 14 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 01:44 PM UTC
I went out on a limb and picked up the three sets I was interested in. I'm no helo expert but these parts are a vast improvement over the kit parts they replace... at least as far as the details go, someone else will have to comment on their accuracy. Over all I'm happy I spent the money.

I've snapped several photos of the resin parts along side their plastic counterparts for a future review. It might be a week or two before I can get them edited and write a little something up.

In the mean time....

photo IMG_8295_zps0456e81e.jpg
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2014 - 01:23 AM UTC
Very nice. I am interested as to how they compare. I'll be looking forward to the pics.
 _GOTOTOP