_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Going Back to My Roots...
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Monday, January 05, 2004 - 06:15 PM UTC
After several wrong paintings on m M2A2 ODS, I decided to go back to AC modeling. I guess I am not that good with land combat weapons.
antoniazzip
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Aragua, Venezuela
KitMaker: 158 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:48 AM UTC
NO friend, I believe in this that says damaging models to learn you, anyway welcome again to your roots and never think that you are bad in something or that it was you bad it is something. :-)

Best Reagard.
Leal Antoniazzi Pedro.
[email protected]
Grasshopp12
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 04:06 AM UTC
Learn from your mistakes. When I first started airbrushing, I had a heck of a time getting a good mixture ratio. I always had my paint a little too thick or a little too thin. I didn't give up airbrushing because of this. I have a couple of my models that didn't turn out well laying around and I check my paint on them and adjust accordingly. Don't let one bad experience turn you off to the wonderful realm of us ground-pounders.
ZoomieE7
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 145 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 11:38 AM UTC
Mate, stick with it. You'll ALWAYS learn more from your "failures" than from your successes. Besides, a true master modeler (Shep Paine, for example) is willing to cross subject boundaries. Stiff upper lip, eh, wot?
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 02:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

After several wrong paintings on m M2A2 ODS, I decided to go back to AC modeling. I guess I am not that good with land combat weapons.

No, worry, I was a beginner once, and still is rather amaturisch. yet, I believe it's not what you do that makes it a good or not so good model. You need to work on your basic first. once you got your basic down. there is really nothing that you can't model.

All in the basic , mate.
Whiskey
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
AeroScale: 252 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 02:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Learn from your mistakes. When I first started airbrushing, I had a heck of a time getting a good mixture ratio. I always had my paint a little too thick or a little too thin. I didn't give up airbrushing because of this. I have a couple of my models that didn't turn out well laying around and I check my paint on them and adjust accordingly. Don't let one bad experience turn you off to the wonderful realm of us ground-pounders.

Ahhh good advice grass-a-hoppa-san #:-)
warhog
_VISITCOMMUNITY
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 568 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 03:02 PM UTC
dont give up!!!not every model you build will be that show winner...down south we have a saying...cant never could do nothing it didnt put its mind to....
shonen_red
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
AeroScale: 543 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 05:57 PM UTC
Thanks a lot guys! You boosted my confidence in modeling. Now on to the work area!!!! :-) :-) :-)
flitzer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,240 posts
AeroScale: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 06:12 PM UTC
I think it dosen't matter how good the modeller, every now and again we all produce "dogs".
Sometimes I think I'm running a kennel.
Also sometimes a kit mid-build seems not to be "jelling", but when the decals go on and the finishing touches are added...hey presto....what seemed to be heading for the back of the shelf turns out better than expected. And conversely, occasionally a model that went together well just dosen't end up as good as hoped.
But it's all part of modelling and it adds that extra bit of spice.
Keep at it.
Peter
Major_Goose
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kikladhes, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 6,871 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 - 09:18 PM UTC
After 23 years of modelling of all kinds and the last 10 only on 1/35 armor and dio's there comes a time that i make a mistake or there is a bad luck accident you cant avoid it. I think that concerning painting armor is a lot easier than aircrafts to be sincere. Dont give up on anything just try harder , destroy some more and you ll find your way ...
 _GOTOTOP