Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Information on Revell's Moskito
retiredyank
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
AeroScale: 79 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 03:30 AM UTC
I'll be building Revell's Moskito, for my father. I have purchased the Verlinden upgrade set, but was wondering if there are other easy fixes to make it more accurate? I know that something is wrong with the landing gear, but haven't found any specifics. TIA
Removed by original poster on 11/11/14 - 23:14:39 (GMT).
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 04:17 AM UTC
Hi Matt

The biggest problem I encountered was warped and droopy wings - I don't think there was ever a fix for this beyond a bit of extra care getting them straight.

All the best

Rowan
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 10:07 PM UTC
There is a metal undercarriage available.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/SAC48178
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 - 03:16 AM UTC
I built one of these kits a few years back and there are a few things to watch out for, yes the outer wings can have a droop to them. My example had both the outer halves top and bottom on the right hand side curved downward, I used very hot water to soften the parts and carefully bent them in the opposite direction of the droop until they were straight. It took about three attempts to get them straight but it worked.
When I built my kit there were no aftermarket landing gear legs available for me to use so to give the model a better 'sit' I modified the nose gear by lengthening the oleo section, if you don't do this the model will sit with the nose too far down which spoils the overall look of it.
The last thing I will mention is the most important, this kit is VERY tail heavy, even more so if you lengthen the nose gear, be sure to add more than enough weight to the front so the model will not be a tail sitter.

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP