_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Soviet Naval Infantry from Dragon (1/35)
lilliputmodels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 03:10 AM UTC
Hello everyone!

I've painted Soviet Naval Infantry figures during the Cold War. I've used Dragon figures which comes in four different poses and arms. I am currently working on my figure painting skills so I still have some things to improve but I wanted to share it with you guys since it belongs under the Cold War thread. It is also going to be my first post here in this forum. I would welcome any suggestions or advice.

For the Youtube video of this post please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t7oFvu7YFw&index=1&list=PL4zl_1f3enpPtQliU6rxs_mWLvAUpnchY

The products that I have used for this post are:

1) Dragon Soviet Naval Infantry (1/35) DML3005
2) Tamiya Texture Paint Soil

Thank you for your interest and support. Keep modeling!

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 06:18 AM UTC
Ali,

Good start. The eyes are nicely done. Looks like crisp edges painted along straps and belts - and you tackled the stripped shirts!

You built and painted a nice set here. If you decide that it will increase your modeling pleasure, you can try shading and highlighting clothing creases and face details. The nice thing about modeling is that you decide if you enjoy building a model in an hour, or a decade.
lilliputmodels
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 12:49 PM UTC
Thank you Frederick, I really appreciate that

I've actually tried to do some shading and highlighting but I think I didn't emphasize it enough. What happened was the instructions on the kit indicated that the uniforms should be in black and I decided to give a subtle highlight with a mixture of black and Prussian blue but obviously it was darker that I initially thought.

Painting the face is also something that I really have to practice a lot. But it was really fun overall, I will definitely be working on similar posts in the upcoming weeks. Cheers!
Alex11
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 02:49 PM UTC
thank you very much for sharing, you infantry deserves price, I also bought a set for my own collection, these days plan to have my hands in it, hope to be succeed in this process, this is the model I chose, if anyone interested, he can check it)
 _GOTOTOP