Hosted by Rowan Baylis
B5N2 Kate
greif8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 673 posts
AeroScale: 492 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 02:07 PM UTC
Hi all, I have just completed a B5N2 Kate build. This is the final aircraft of a trilogy of Japanese carrier aircraft, the others being a Val and Zero. They represent the Japanese side of what I like to think of as my "Aggressors Series". The American side has the F4F-4 Wildcat, already complete, and will have the Dauntless and Avenger when I finish them. All six aircraft represent, or will represent, aircraft that flew during the Guadalcanal campaign. The carrier deck base is not yet finished, but I thought it provided a base for a photo or two.

Joel, if you read this thread, I shot a few photos of the Sakae Radial engine with my scratch built wiring harness. I used much the same technique that I did on my F6F Hellcat build. You can click on the photos to get a larger image.

Ernest

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 09:19 PM UTC
Ernest,
Of course I'm reading your build thread. Wouldn't miss it.

A really excellent build. The engine detailing with your scratchbuilt ignition harness, really looks quite good. not heavy handed in appearance, thus looking perfectly in scale.

As for the B5Ne Kate, well done. Rock solid build, with an outstanding operationally looking paint scheme and weathering. Certainly, it's not heavy handed, but rather has that "used but not abused" look to it that I much prefer. I really like how you did the paint scuffing on the wings, having it heavier on the Port side then the Starboard side, indicating that is the preferred way to access the cockpit.

Joel
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2014 - 09:49 PM UTC
Looks really very nice. The details are sharp and your extra work really stands out.
 _GOTOTOP