_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
How do you upload photos
Marc2109
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 04:46 AM UTC
I'm clicking on the UPLOAD PHOTO(S) at the bottom...nothing happens.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 05:07 AM UTC
Are you speaking of uploading photos to your personal gallery space? You need to be in your personal album before uploading will work.

If you're talking about how to embed images into a post I have a little canned tutorial for that:

You don't need to buy any special software to post pictures here. If you want to resize your pictures there are several different freeware programs you can get such as Ifranview, Gimp or Paint.net. As a member of Aeroscale you have a space in the image gallery (look at the black bar on the top of the page. The Gallery is found between "Events" and "Links" on the right hand side of the screen. Follow this tutorial to use it.)

The only problem with the gallery is because we have so many members it can't hold many pictures so many of us use another photo hosting site like Photobucket, Imageshack or Flickr to host our pictures.

Regardless where you host your pictures, the way to insert an image is pretty simple. Whenever you're writing a post, you'll see 7 little white buttons just below the area you type in. the far right-hand button says {img} (except that the brackets are square). Click that button whenever you want to insert a picture and you'll see this appear:
{img}http://put.url.here/image.file{/img}
(once again, the brackets will be square in real life)

Go to your image hosting site, select your picture, and copy its URL. The fastest way to do that is to hover your mouse pointer over the picture, click the right mouse button and select "copy image location" from the little menu which pops up.

Come back to Aeroscale, and replace the text which says "http://put.url.here/image.file" with the URL that you just copied. I like to use browser tabs which let me easily switch between Aeroscale and my hosting site as many times as I like. This is useful for inserting multiple pictures in one post.

Enjoy your stay in Aeroscale. If you have any questions at all, all of us will be happy to answer them. Happy building!
Marc2109
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 28 posts
AeroScale: 26 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 05:50 AM UTC
Thanks so much! That worked. Question though: can you upload an image into a post from the desktop or location on the computer?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 06:40 AM UTC
Not unless you want to leave your system online and signed in all the time. The idea with hosting images on a third-party hosting site is that they're always on and serving the image each time it's being queried by someone opening the post to read it. Your own home system may not be capable of doing that and while you're acting as an image server you're pretty much prevented from doing anything else.
 _GOTOTOP