_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Phantom F-4B ESCI 1:48
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 10:21 PM UTC

(Wikipedia)
The McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II[N 1] is a tandem two-seat, twin-engine, all-weather, long-range supersonic jet interceptor fighter/fighter-bomber originally developed for the United States Navy by McDonnell Aircraft.[1] It first entered service in 1960 with the U.S. Navy. Proving highly adaptable, it was also adopted by the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Air Force, and by the mid-1960s had become a major part of their respective air wings.[2]

Teraz troszkę o samym modelu .Prawdę mówiąc ,to właściwie nie miałem ochoty go kleić ,gdyż wydawał mi się dość prymitywny ,i ubogi jeżeli chodzi o szczegóły Odbiega dość od modeli wyprodukowanych w ostatnich latach ,chociażby model Academy .Kalki też są nie pierwszej świeżości co dało się odczuć przy nakładaniu.
Pomyślałem jednak; co tam jaki jest ,taki jest ale ne zasługuje ostatecznie na śmietnik. A po małym liftingu może coś tam wyjdzie.Tym bardziej ze posiadając model Academy( o którym wspominałem ) a który ma w swoim pudełku wiele elementów do różnych wersji . Tak więc użyłem z tego zestawu ; stożek osłony radaru i ,stateczniki poziome ,górna część statecznika pionowego , dysze silników.. oraz uzbrojenie .

Wiem że nie jest to ideał ,i wiele mu do tego brakuje , ale jest i "szlus" :oops:

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 - 11:48 PM UTC
Google translation of Ryszard's text:

Now a little bit about the model .Prawdę saying is actually I did not want to glue it , because he seemed to me to be quite primitive , and poor when it comes to the details departs enough from the models produced in recent years , even if the model Academy .Kalki they are not the first freshness of what was felt when applying .
However, I thought ; whatever it is, but this is ultimately ne deserves the trash . And after a little facelift can wyjdzie.Tym something more from having a model Academy ( which I use ) and which has in its box many items to different versions . So I used this set ; radar cone cover , and horizontal stabilizers , the upper part of the fin , engine nozzles .. and weapons.

I know this is not ideal, and many of his missing, but it is and " szlus " : oops :

Sorry for the words Google missed. Any Polish speakers want to give it a try?
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 06:06 AM UTC
Jessica,
Actually, being the old ESCI kit, Ryszard has done a excellent job of building and finishing the F-4B. His paint scheme and weathering really works quite well. The kit decals represents an earlier scheme for the Sundancers then the Academy kit I built last year.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP