_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Nuremberg 2015
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 06:21 PM UTC
Hi all,

today is day 1 of Nuremberg Toy Fair. Sadly I cannot publish pictures yet but I have compiled a first - very incomplete - list of News I know of. There are a few more I read about but I used Newsletters, Companyinfos and Catalogues only for my list.

I am looking forward to drive down to Nuremberg on friday, but I will most probably get some pictures before that.

So here is the list: Nuremberg News 2015

all the best

Steffen
Mcleod
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,028 posts
AeroScale: 939 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 07:18 PM UTC
A very interesting list, Steffen. I'm looking forward to your coming photo's of the event. Safe travels
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 08:48 PM UTC
Steffen,
Thanks for the list. Already in 1/48 scale I see several must haves, and a few wish I didn't buy the original release as yet. Namely the Academy F-4C as Eduard is coming out with a limited edition, as well as a limited edition of the J that I haven't gotten round to buying. Looking forward to their late version F6F-5 as well.
Joel
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 10:24 PM UTC
Well I have already some favorites too:

- Zvezda Pe-2

- Bf 109G-6 --- probably rather Eduard than Zvezda, if they get it right. Mostly because of easier assembly. I am sure that Mansur will take care that Zvezda's will be correct, but I found the F a bit over-enginieered, plus the "armour plates" behind the pit don't look that good.

- ICM .. wow Do 17, Ju 88 A-5 (easy to make a C-4!), I-153. I just wish they would do some of their trucks in 48 scale too

- some HB/Trumpy stuff Ka-27 e.g.

- Airfix WW2 British trucks!! I was not too impressed with the Spit Vb (great in the box but so-so to build) so I am not ecstatic about Spit Is and Hurricanes ( I'll buy them anyway)

- I must get the Arkmodel (not ARK Model) Typ VIIc U-Boat... no idea how to finance it though

- Kinetic/Wingman FRS.1, AMX, Nesher ... whoohoo

- Hope Tamiya has one or another 48 scale armour or truck behind the Pzkpfw. 38(t)... I would not mind an aircraft too

- MPM is always interesting, as are some other smaller companies like Plusmodel, Brengun/Hauler, AZmodel, IBG, Mirage, Toromodels

- found nothing yet about Hasegawa and Italeri

ahhh I love this time of the year

cheers

Steffen
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 02:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

- I must get the Arkmodel (not ARK Model) Typ VIIc U-Boat... no idea how to finance it though

Sell your house and move into the U-boat?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 05:13 PM UTC
I don't own a house... I do own a quarterscale Concorde though.

You see I will find a way, it is all about priorities

cheers

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 01:33 AM UTC
Dang, got no pictures today .. but I updated the list with some Tamiya, Trumpy and HB stuff, plus a few Kinetic/Wingman, AMK

Nuremberg 2015 News List

sorry but I will post some pix tomorrow .. whem (if) I get there

all the best

Steffen
P.S. for those who have not seen it on HS Plane Talking, here is the link to prime portal: http://primeportal.net/models/nuremberg_2015.htm .. rather Tank heavy but some goodies can be seen
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dang, got no pictures today ..

Hi Steffen

What?! Whatever's come over you! You are our picture-maestro when it comes to Nürnberg...

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 02:18 AM UTC
I can only publish what I get!

you can be assured the guilty person will be punished accordingly.

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 01:11 PM UTC
Hi all

yesterday evening I posted the first batch of 465 pictures on the IPMS Deutschland site. Sadly I had to leave the press center before I could post a hint here. So here are the pictures of Andreas Eichendorff:

Pictures Link

have fun!

more to come as I took a lot of pix myself.

all the best

Steffen
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:35 PM UTC
Day 4 is closing and soon I will be expelled from the press center again. It took me a few hours to rework my 600+ pictures for website use. So please forgive me if some of them are not of premium quality. I hope I got most of the companies covered already, so you get a picture from the event. (Remark: Glow2b is the German importer of some companies and had test shots of Kinetics AMX and F-16XL)

here is the link to my Pictures Gallery

I try to rework and upate the Newslist tomorrow. Someone asked for Academy's 72 Phantom. It is a snap kit and other versions may follow (but not necessarily).

all the best

Steffen
29Foxtrot
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 708 posts
AeroScale: 674 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 12:18 AM UTC
Hi All,

I notice on the Eduard release of the 48 scale Mk VIII Spitfire, has both the wrong diameter upper wing roundel and Shark Mouth for A58-602 the R.A.A.F. subject of RG-V flown by Bobby Gibbs.

The upper wing roundels should be 56in and the Shark Mouth was a scolloped outline covering the full lower engine cowling.
It seems to be that the same artwork is on a DK Decals sheet for the same aircraft.
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 01:35 AM UTC
Cheers Steffen!

Back in their troubled days, I never thought I'd see the day when Airfix has the most exciting line up on display from my point of view, so I'm delighted to see them back in force!

Of course, there is masses of other really tasty stuff from other companies too - that I-16 looks great, and Revell should make a real killing with their 1:32 Fw 190 (especially if they beat ZM to market) - I'll certainly buy one.

All the best

Rowan
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:01 PM UTC
So we are nearing the end of day 5.

Today started well with a very loong meeting with JanZ of Eduard. Of course I asked about the Aussie Spit and especially these markings were very deeply researched, not by the eduard team but from guys downunder, especially Peter Malone (hope I got that name right). So while mistakes are not impossible it is very unlikely that these markings are totally bogus. Obviously the aircraft went trough several stages of painting. (There will be a special edition on these Aussie Spits with a book included) The sprues of the Mark VIII look very good and I am looking forward to build this kit.

Some good news: Eduard will redo the Fw 190 Series to the actual technology. I asked them to revise the data to make the cowling and fuselage taper more correct. Also the kit will - actual stand - not include full engine and guns compartments to ease construction, which is something that Eduard is working hard on.

The rest of the day I was spending on the News list which is now more complete but still not complete (it never will be) I left out many things that I am not sure of: Pilot Replicas J-21 and J-25, Merit J2F Duck, and so forth. If you think there is something urgently missing, write me a note... I won't include the Fairly Fruitbat Mk.XIII prototype the was announced by Neverfinish Models though.

So here is the list: Nuremberg News 2015

all the best

Steffen

P.S. many thanks for the many visits to this thead! It is motivating when you spend another hour renaming and formating pictures for web use. It was much less in the recent years...
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:09 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

It's interesting that Eduard are revisiting the Fw 190.If the future standard kit won't include the engine and gun-bay details, I imagine they'll engineer it to allow for Brassin extras.

All the best

Rowan
SGTJKJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
AeroScale: 3,788 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:14 PM UTC
Steffan, thanks for sharing. Really some cool stuff there! 2015 will be great - golden days for model builders!
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:14 PM UTC
Of course. The kit should allow "easy" installation of the accompanying brassin stuff. I really prefer this approach.

cheers

Steffen
Littorio
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
AeroScale: 1,351 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:22 PM UTC
Thank you Steffen for your time compiling these.

I noticed you mentioned a Merit J2F Duck do you know what scale that is?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:30 PM UTC
would I have mentioned it if it was not TOTS

cheers

Steffen, who changed his mind on the Type VIIc U-Boat and will wait til Trumpeter releases theirs (probably the same tool in polystyrene ... Arkmodel is ABS)
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi Steffen

TOTS? - the best-fit acronym I can find on-line is the Tucson Old Timers Society (I won't go for "taking ourselves too seriously"!).

All the best

Rowan
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:51 PM UTC
The Only True Scale
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 10:52 PM UTC
May I point you to the armour side of life and The Only True Scale there and here is 1/48

cheers

Steffen
gotta go now, as things close here
Merlin
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
Posted: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 11:06 PM UTC
Hi there

As much as I love 1:48 (and it dominates my Stash), you can imagine what I think of nonsense like that.

All the best

Rowan
Mecenas
KitMaker: 1,596 posts
AeroScale: 1,275 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 01:27 AM UTC
I really like the 1:48 scale, but after seeing this scheme I switched back to 1:72 as TOTS for me.

Thanks Steffen for your photos - I've found the RWD-8 from IBG amongst new kits. Have you seen anything more of this kit beside the boxart? There's just one kit on the market which is about 30-40 years old so any new release is most welcome for me. And yes, it was in the 1:72 scale...
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 10:41 AM UTC
Going by that picture I have to stick to 1/35. Somehow I don't think it's very accurate, especially when my favourite scale is 1/144...
 _GOTOTOP