_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
Generic question: HB, Trump and Kinetic kits
hugohuertas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 - 09:55 PM UTC
Hi!
Not a usual aircraft builder, so I need some advice here.
I already got the excellent Hasegawa F-22 kit in 1/48.

Are Hobby Boss, Trumpeter and Kinetic kits in this scale any good?
Let's say Trumoeter J-10's versions and any of their Floggers, HB Rafale or Kinetic F-16's?

Thanks!!
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:09 PM UTC
Trumpeter is a little hit-or-miss on accuracy; sometimes shapes are a bit suspect but the kits themselves build very well. You'll seldom need to use much in the way of filler. Their Chinese and Russian subjects seem to be better shape-wise than their Western subjects. Perhaps that's a result of having the actual aircraft available to be measured in China?

Hobby Boss kits are generally good for shapes but are usually a little more simplified than a comparable Hasegawa or Tamiya kit. Whether this is good or bad is completely up to you to decide.

Kinetic kits are somewhere between Trumpeter and Hobby boss. Better shapes, slightly more fiddly construction and details that fall in the mid range.

All 3 brands have kits nobody else offers, and all 3 reward careful building with a model you can be proud of. If you're not sure about a particular model, check our the reviews page to see if one of us has already looked in the box, or ask in the forums. You're sure to find the answer
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Friday, February 27, 2015 - 10:14 PM UTC
If you shop online, Hobby Boss kits are on sale at Hobbyeasy. There is a fairly broad selection to choose from. I have liked the Hobbyboss and Kinetic aircraft kits I have built.
hugohuertas
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,024 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 06:03 AM UTC
Thanks gents!
I'll try to check some sprues on the web before deciding what kit I'll finally get
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2015 - 07:10 AM UTC
I'm sorry, I'm not much of a gent. It seems that I don't meet the necessary criteria to be one.
 _GOTOTOP