_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
HK Models 1/32 scale Mosquito
tigger917
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC
Hi Guys here is my latest which is built from a test shot of the kit which should appear soon from HK models. I had no decals or instructions to begin with but have added Airscale instrument decals and an MDC Sutton Harness. The markings are from various Xrtadecal sheets and parts stolen from a Revell decal sheet where I got the stencils. I have only published one image as this is for a magazine Model Airplane International .
Hope that you like here?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/tigger917/037_zpsk6xlvdbr.jpg
John
russamotto
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
AeroScale: 375 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 01:34 AM UTC
Looks really very nice. I look forward to seeing more details.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 12:00 PM UTC
That looks stunning John I have been following Jim Hatch's build and I'm talking to Neil (of HKM) about something for this. Can I ask if you can let me have some details about the markings? I will be producing a masking set for this wonderful model, Jim used my masks on his I just need what Squadron this belonged to, the pilot if known and where it was based? As I think that I would like to include this scheme in the set.

I'll post a couple of pics of Jim Hatch's build in another thread
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 07:28 PM UTC
John,
What a fantastic looking build. I certainly would love to see more pictures, especially some close ups of all that detail.
Joel
BigfootV
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,624 posts
AeroScale: 385 posts
Posted: Monday, March 16, 2015 - 08:58 PM UTC
Hello John,

Looks good. Any word on when HK will release the Lancaster? I'm seeing advanced orders being taken at some internet site for it.

Se ya in the funnies..............
tigger917
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:30 PM UTC

Quoted Text

That looks stunning John I have been following Jim Hatch's build and I'm talking to Neil (of HKM) about something for this. Can I ask if you can let me have some details about the markings? I will be producing a masking set for this wonderful model, Jim used my masks on his I just need what Squadron this belonged to, the pilot if known and where it was based? As I think that I would like to include this scheme in the set.

I'll post a couple of pics of Jim Hatch's build in another thread

Hi Mal

I worked closely with Jim on this project as we built the two models almost in parallel at the same time. We also worked closely with regards to the markings as we did not want to replicate them on two models which will appear in two magazines from one publishing house! If you PM me I shall send you as much information as I can on the bird I built as well as the size of the codes I used etc. I will also send you the references I used too.
best regards
John
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:29 AM UTC
Thanks John, PM sent
 _GOTOTOP