_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Halifax airport museum
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 07:42 PM UTC
Hai,

does anybody know how much time a reasonabl visit takes to the Nova Scotia Halifax Airfield museum?

I may be there later this year for the job and a visit may just be possible
Stoker
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 58 posts
AeroScale: 19 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi, it usually takes me an hour to go through there but that's with kids that that are in a rush. It's a small museum but it is packed with a lot of interesting aircraft and history. I'd say give yourself a good 2 hours or more in there. There's also the Shearwater Aviation Museum that you should also look into, its smaller but it has most of all the aircraft used by the RCN.

Ron
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 12:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, it usually takes me an hour to go through there but that's with kids that that are in a rush. It's a small museum but it is packed with a lot of interesting aircraft and history. I'd say give yourself a good 2 hours or more in there. There's also the Shearwater Aviation Museum that you should also look into, its smaller but it has most of all the aircraft used by the RCN.

Ron

Thanks for the information.

I am looking forward to it

;-)
Red_Tory
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Canada
KitMaker: 102 posts
AeroScale: 10 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 09:21 PM UTC
I'll second the 2-hour estimate for the museum near YHZ as well as a visit to Shearwater. Both are well worth your time.

Don't forget the maritime museum (a few Titanic artifacts and lots of beautiful ship models on the second floor) and the Citadel downtown.
Tractorboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 06:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hai,

does anybody know how much time a reasonabl visit takes to the Nova Scotia Halifax Airfield museum?

I may be there later this year for the job and a visit may just be possible

I would go with the recommendations stated, I haven't been there for a couple of years (need to reaquaint myself soon) but with out pestering kids you could easily kill of a couple of hours. As for the other suggestions of visits, definately go for those as well and also HMCS Sackville adjacent to the Maritime Museum is well worth a visit.
 _GOTOTOP