_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Italeri 1/48 Westland Wesses HAS MK1
tigger917
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 92 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 12:24 AM UTC
Italeri 1/48 Westland Wesses HAS MK1 almost straight from the box with the http://scalewarship.com rotor head. Built for a magazine and made whilst i have had a really bad back and been taking strong pain killers and other meds so not my best! hope that you like her?

John
litespeed
Staff MemberNews Reporter
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,976 posts
AeroScale: 1,789 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 03:52 AM UTC
John that looks absolutely stunning, a real bench mark for any plastic modeler. One of the best looking rotary wing aircraft ever. Always loved seeing the SAR Wessex practising in the mountains of north and mid Wales. You might be better posting your images in the Rotary Wing section, but your more than welcome in the Cold War Section.
tim
DougCohen
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,293 posts
AeroScale: 1,072 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 05:23 AM UTC
great job, maybe I should I take some meds before I model. you should post some pics on the rotor forum.
drabslab
_VISITCOMMUNITY
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
AeroScale: 1,587 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 04:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

great job, maybe I should I take some meds before I model. you should post some pics on the rotor forum.

From a health perspective maybe less advisable, as a statement to say that the model looks stunning very correct.

I would like to see the results of your modelling when everything goes well

and yes, I woulmd love to see more pictures and a build review
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 05:59 PM UTC
John,
First and foremost, I sincerely hope that you're making progress with your back. Believe me I know how long those conditions can linger on.

Just an outstanding build. Paint and decaling is dead on perfect. And your weathering has that "used but not abused" look to it. The AM rotor head really makes a huge difference, not to mention that it makes displaying the Westland Wesses HAS MK1 that much easier.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP