Modern aircraft of the United States.
2 Commissioned Floatpanes
AJLaFleche
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
AeroScale: 328 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2015 - 11:46 PM UTC
Here are two just completed commissions in 1/48. Both are posed on a 6X9plaque. The base is Celluclay sealed with tinted and thinned white glue and the water is EnviroTex resin. Rigging is elastic jewelry cord based on an internet search.
The first, a Cessna, was provided by my client. Unfortunately, the box had been damaged by water and the decals were unusable. I scanned and retouched them then tried printing them. The letters were corrupted and couldn’t be used so I dredged up some letters and numbers on old decal sheets. The only decals are the tail emblem and the walkways on the floats. Everything else was masked and airbrushed. The blues are from the regular Vallejo Model Color line and the white from a Testor’s rattle can.

The second is a Piper Super Cub. Again Testor’s rattle can white but this time with Testor’s Gloss red airbrushed as needed. Kit decals were used since this was a new kit.

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 06:27 PM UTC
Two very impressive commercial builds. Both bases really came out quite well and compliment the models very well.
Joel
 _GOTOTOP