_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
Airfix 1/72 Spitfire PR.XIX Swedish
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 - 12:14 AM UTC
Hi everyone. It's been a while since I last posted anything, this does not mean that I am not building models...simply means can't finish much :] I've snatched this kit a few months ago with great expectations and an ambition of a "quick build". Well ok menaged to finish in 3 days, very fast for me. I am not a Spitfire expert but as a mid quality 1/72 bird it looks pretty nice. It is one of the first period of "come back" models of Airfix as far as I know so I was expecting the trenchlines so there is no wonder there. Fits fairly ok, needed a little bit of putty but that was mostly my fault. Decals on the other hand is a different nightmare. Yesterday I was pretty close to throwing everything out of the window but decided to leave a rest through the night for the deals to settle. Anyone thinking about building one should either be prepared to a very very bad session with decals that were initially intended as emergency blankets or buy an aftermarket set. Anyways, I didn't do much on the kit, just punched a few rivet halls around the engine compartment and added the antenna behind the cockpit. I wanted a rather clean and unweathered look on this one so I kept it easy. I am open to any suggestions and corrections, enjoy.

Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 - 07:12 PM UTC
Yalym,
Nicely done from what I can see in the pictures. And yes, it certainly has those "trenches" rather then more in scale recessed panel lines. As for the decals, they do indeed look like they adhered to the surfaces quite well, and settled down into those trenches. Hard to tell if you were referring to their thickness, yet the end results look quite nice.
Joel
JollyRoger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,241 posts
AeroScale: 616 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 01:35 AM UTC
Oh sorry , I seem to miss checking this topic. Thanks for the kind remarks. Well up close they still show and I would strongly suggest to find replacement decals who would lie to build this kit but yes they are far better than I was expecting.
 _GOTOTOP