Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hobbycraft 1/48 Me Bf109D
viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 09:39 AM UTC
Just wondering if anyone has built this kit before.
Having a few problems....one being that the cockpit is too wide for the fuselage...not really much of a problem...nothing that a file won't fix...just frustrating.
The other is when the wings go on...the fit is good....just there are a couple of holes from the fuselage that doesn't get covered....again...not really a problem...just frustrating...and more work than was needed!!

If anyone has built this kit....please let me know if you have had the same problems..and how you got past them!

Thanks.
mossieramm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 253 posts
AeroScale: 81 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2004 - 11:05 PM UTC
I don't know if this is the 109D you are building but, you might want to check these links to find out more.

http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/scotts/axis/luft/me/109/109d.htm
http://m2reviews.cnsi.net/reviews/axis/luft/cleaver109d.htm

viper29_ca
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New Brunswick, Canada
KitMaker: 2,247 posts
AeroScale: 168 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 06:34 AM UTC
Yeah I read those 2 reviews...and sent an e-mail off to the guy that built the first one....but as of yet no responce...and the fact that he built it back in '99....so details maybe sketchy....plus he replaced the cockpit with an aftermarket one....so his may have fit better than the kit one!! The articles did give me some insight on some stuff....like I had no idea that there were a non protruding wing gun in each wing...same as whats in the nose....but there is nothing on the kit or in the instructions to tell you that there is!!!....so may just take some small tubing and install a couple of gun barrels.....may just replace the nose guns as well.
mossieramm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 253 posts
AeroScale: 81 posts
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2004 - 07:34 PM UTC
Would you let me know what you think (good or bad) of Hobbycraft 109D ?? I would like to add one to my collection.
 _GOTOTOP