Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 09, 2015 - 12:32 PM UTC
I have just about finished the camo masks for the HKM 1/32 Mosquito Mk IV and, when I get hold of one, I will check them out for the Tamiya Mk VI. I just have to do the final checks to make sure that I haven't missed any issues before sanctioning them for production. I will post a couple of picturs of them fitted to the HKM kit when that is done. The packaging always takes a while as well but that is now done I am working on the marking set, not much work there as I have all the markings, including the over radiator warnings. The only problem I have is what codes and serials to include? I'm thinking that I'll do the kit markings? I'll also do custom markings as well and the set will include canopy masks

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 10:22 AM UTC
I have been re-jigging mask 14, it took about a day, so I haven't yet looked at the rest.
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2015 - 04:20 PM UTC
Great job Mal!
I pick up my HMK model later this week!
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 12:30 PM UTC
Thanks Richard, I have tweaked the masks, especially mask 13, so I have had to make some changes to the packaging to reflect this and they are now ready to go. I am working on the packaging for the other elments.

Mask 13 took an afternoon and the following morning to get right. For an element that isn't included in the official camo marking guide the time spent on this one mask, and the amount of explanation within the instructions and the photo that I have now included would seem to be disproportional! However there is no point in doing this if it isn't done correctly. It was touch and go for a time, I can't tell you how many times I cut, tested, re-designed, cut tested, again and again......etc, etc! When I sussed out what was actually required it didn't then take too long to finalise it

The promised photos; The model is only taped together and the strips along the fuselage are to check that the masks fall beyond the demarkation line.

Hi Richard, you will love it
tinbanger
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,507 posts
AeroScale: 1,814 posts
Posted: Monday, July 13, 2015 - 04:08 PM UTC
Looking good Mal!.
PM sent.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 - 11:50 AM UTC
Roger that Richard

While I was preparing the marking set packaging I realised that some Mossies had a slightly lower demarcation line between the upper and lower camo, so I had to revisit mask 11 as its lower port side didn't overlap this lower line. Luckily, with a little jiggling mask 11 still fitted within its original position on the sheet, phew.

_GOTOTOP