_GOTOBOTTOM
World War II
Discuss WWII and the era directly before and after the war from 1935-1949.
Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Pro Modeler 1/72 FW-190A8
jfmajor60
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 15 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2015 - 06:31 AM UTC
Here is my little Butcher bird. These are great little kits, they go together fast without any real problems.

JPTRR
Staff MemberManaging Editor
RAILROAD MODELING
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 7,772 posts
AeroScale: 3,175 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2015 - 07:09 AM UTC
Fine looking Wurger/Shrike!

ProModels were nice kits.
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2015 - 08:09 AM UTC
Looks fantastic!
Emeritus
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
AeroScale: 1,564 posts
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2015 - 09:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

ProModels were nice kits.

Were? At least Revell Germany has reboxings of quite a few ProModeler kits, including this one.

Anyway, that 190 turned out really nice!
About the only nitpicks I can think of are the quite hefty outer wing cannon barrels (the inner ones look just right, and from the outer barrels' length I presume they're 20mm cannons as well) and the wash on the upper side of the ailerons which looks rather dark and pronounced. It could be just the pictures, but the ailerons' undersides, and the rudder and elevators look OK.

Seeing your build reminded me that I should dig out my WIP Revell Germany reboxing and finally get it done...

Very nice kit, but the moulds were definitely showing their age when they moulded my copy. Flash here and there, pretty heavy sink marks under the rear fuselage requiring filling and shaping with Milliput, canopy horribly blurry and scratched. Oh, and the reason why the rear tail is cut off is that I was already at the stage of gluing the horizontal stabilizers in place when I noticed the rear fuselage had a very noticable twist in it.

_GOTOTOP