_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Replacement windscreen
Jedge3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 07:58 PM UTC
Hello
Do they make replacement canopies for helos like they do for planes? I picked up a 1/35 UH-60L DAP and the main windshield has several deep cracks in it. Just looking for options.

Thank you.
Berwickboy
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 450 posts
AeroScale: 387 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 09:49 PM UTC
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 09:53 PM UTC
None for the H-60 series. You can contact MRC (Academy's US importer) and they will send you a replacement though. I have had a couple bad ones replaced.

MRC Contact

As a side note, Academy got the name wrong. There is no such thing as an AH-60L DAP in the US Military. The US uses the MH (Multi-mission Helicopter) designation for special operations helicopters. It is an MH-60L DAP gunship. The AH (Attack Helicopter) designation is reserved for specifically designed attack helos like the AH-1 Cobra and AH-64 Apache.
Jedge3
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 258 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 01, 2015 - 10:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

None for the H-60 series. You can contact MRC (Academy's US importer) and they will send you a replacement though. I have had a couple bad ones replaced.

MRC Contact

As a side note, Academy got the name wrong. There is no such thing as an AH-60L DAP in the US Military. The US uses the MH (Multi-mission Helicopter) designation for special operations helicopters. It is an MH-60L DAP gunship. The AH (Attack Helicopter) designation is reserved for specifically designed attack helos like the AH-1 Cobra and AH-64 Apache.

Thanks I will MRC a try. I did think it odd it had the AH designation but it has been awhile since I was up on my helicopters.
 _GOTOTOP