_GOTOBOTTOM
Start Here (for Beginners)
This forum is for younger modelers or people just starting out in the hobby.
Getting back into modelling
HStamp97
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 09:06 PM UTC
Hey all, my name is Harry and I have recently decided to get back into modelling. This is due to the fact I find myself at home with nothing much to do at the weekends (except the odd game of airsoft when it I feel up to it). from the age of about 7 to 15 I spent my hours, hunched over a desk, building models to my heart's content! But due to GCSE's I had to give up (school comes first unfortunately) and I stopped modelling. I have now managed to find the time and made a point of getting back into modelling. I have just purchased a pair of P-40B's (The Revell Flying Tiger model) which I aim to build in the next month and a half. I shall post pics of the build over the coming weeks. Many thanks and happy modelling
Scrodes
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 771 posts
AeroScale: 763 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 10:28 PM UTC
Welcome to the forums Harry.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:28 PM UTC
Hi Harry,

Welcome to Aeroscale! If you want, you can start a "build log" (click the little gear icon when you first start your thread) in the WW II forum for your P-40s, and then we can all follow along

Don't be afraid to ask questions; everyone here is pretty friendly. Also, check out the Reading the Seams thread in the Start Here forum for some good general modeling tips.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 - 07:37 PM UTC
Harry,
Welcome to Aeroscale, you're going to really like it here.

As Jessica suggested, there are many excellent articles, posts, and a forum dedicated to the basics. Just be for warned that there will be a learning curve as just about everything in modeling has changed since you last glued up a kit. My advice is to 1st master the basics, so concentrate on OOB builds with the goal of creating the perfect presentation piece. Each one will be that much better then the previous one. Ask questions,and you'll get plenty of good advice.

Are you planning on painting with a brush, or an air brush?

Joel
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hi Harry,
Welcome to these forums and, more importantly, welcome back to modelling
 _GOTOTOP