_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
HH-60G Block 152 Interior
M1A1hunter2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 43 posts
AeroScale: 4 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 02:59 PM UTC
Hey guys. Its been a long time since I was posted on here or even built a model for myself. Ive been working at Weta workshop as a master model maker after finishing a 5 year degree in industrial design. During a break between films I decided to start a model ( I have a huge stash now), about three years I brought the academy AH-60L DAP. Upon finally opening the box I was hugely disappointed, this could be down to the age of the kit, but more likely its because Weta has made me a snobby model maker....

So I decided to keep on with the kit and decided to build the HH-60G Block 152 from the Tv series "Inside Combat Rescue".

During my break I started building the cockpit and cabin in CAD. The kit parts are way off based on the research I did in the weeks before my break. So starting in Rhino I built a 1:1 model of the HH-60G block 152 interior, down to the last detail. Once the CAD model was done and scaled to 1/35th scale, I took it to work and had it printed on both the Eden and Projet 3D printers. The results were great.

So here is the question, Im building this helo no matter what, but who else would like a copy of the interior, Im happy to share the CAD file so you can print it yourself, or I can invest in a mould and make some resin copies to sell, or I could post the model on shapeways and make it open for anyone who wants to buy it can do so from them.... Check out the pics and see what ya think...

Some of the parts in the renders have only just been printed so if there is some interest I can post up other photos. But I will be continuing this as a bit of a build log, so get ready for more crazy detail, 3D printing, LEDs, electronics and heaps of model building craziness.... last note the print lines on a few of the parts have been sanded off (nightmare) leaving finely detailed smooth parts

Tell me what you think so far...

Luke...
andyevans
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 369 posts
AeroScale: 31 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 12:00 AM UTC
That looks great Luke

I'll be watching to see how this develops but would definitely be interested in getting one of these for myself.

Andy
ccrqw602002
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 06:46 AM UTC
it looks great , a few minor additions in the cockpit and the hoist cable and controls which attach to box you have depicted on the right side panel. But the bottomline is , I like it and would love to purchase at least three to five sets depending on price.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 07:48 PM UTC
Very nice. I would also go for a few sets. Great job so far.
norbertJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Loire, France
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2015 - 11:19 PM UTC
wow, that's absolutely great. would love to get the CAD files, I have an Envisiontec printer to print it.

Norbert
sneakypete
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Armed Forces Pacific, United States
KitMaker: 149 posts
AeroScale: 49 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 - 03:42 AM UTC
Fantastic work, particularly the cabin ceiling. I am very interested in a set or two. I will be following your progress. Great work again.

Dan
Apache452
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 8 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 03:03 PM UTC
Have to agree with Dan, really special work there. Well done
ccrqw602002
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 29, 2015 - 12:49 AM UTC
Post has been quiet for a few days , any updates to speak of? You have generated a lot of interest up here
jacksdad64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 35 posts
Posted: Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 12:21 PM UTC
Anyone heard anymore on this?
I hope this comes off as I 'need' a few sets.
M1A1hunter2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 02:40 AM UTC
Hey guys so sorry this went dark, things at work picked up hugely. So this is the first day ive had to myself in weeks. The CAD files are open to anyone who wants them, the molds are going to take a while tho.... sorry. So how would you like them?? Dropbox from Private messages or on shapeways or both??

Luke
kmkjan
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 10 posts
AeroScale: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 03:18 AM UTC
hi Liuke
I would like to have this .

grts Jan
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 05:19 AM UTC
I vote for Shapeways. I have bought a few things from them and have been happy with the process and results so far.
norbertJ
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Loire, France
KitMaker: 219 posts
AeroScale: 50 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 08:42 PM UTC
Dropbox from private mesage my side, want to see how my helicopter crews in progres fits in

you can be over Shapeways limits in number of triangle and memory use my side, in order to have more sharpeness.

Norbert
M1A1hunter2
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Wellington, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, September 06, 2015 - 06:51 AM UTC
Hey guys, Im going to put the Model on Dropbox, just flick me a PM and I will link you the file.
Pigfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 09:30 AM UTC
Hi Luke!

This is fantastic! Think it would work with the new Kitty Hawk kit?

Cheers

Pete
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Luke!

Cheers

Pete

No, the KH kit is more dimensionally correct and this set would not fit inside of it. Additionally, the KH kit doesn't need it. It has all the details that this set provides and then some. It is light years ahead of the Academy kit.
Pigfighter
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 05:29 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Luke!

Cheers

Pete

No, the KH kit is more dimensionally correct and this set would not fit inside of it. Additionally, the KH kit doesn't need it. It has all the details that this set provides and then some. It is light years ahead of the Academy kit.

I have the KH kit, and as molded, the majority of the cabin ceiling is covered. If one wants to model the Pavehawk with the often seen exposed structural members (as Luke did) another path is required.

Pete
AirRescuer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 26, 2019 - 11:09 AM UTC
Hey Luke, It looks like it has been over 4 years since you posted about this project. Being new and seeing this I was wondering if the cabin files are stilll available.
Thanks,
Ken
rchurch
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2020 - 10:33 AM UTC
That looks amazing! Do you still have these files on hand? Would love to see the CAD files for the interior.
 _GOTOTOP