_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
MiG-21: Czech AF colors question
SgtSnake
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 41 posts
AeroScale: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2015 - 04:37 AM UTC
Hi all, I'm building one of each 1/48 MiG-21 from Eduard, and one of them will be in the odd Czech Black/Green pattern. I'm asking for any assistance in the following:
1:Color match for the Green topside color, or at least a name.
2:Color match for the Underside color, or was it natural metal.
All I've been able to come up with are some shots on the internet taken of an F-13 and a PFM where both seem to have seen harsh weather. The fading is very apparent and the photos were taken shortly after a rain.
Any help is really appreciated
bulivyf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Praha, Czech Republic
KitMaker: 2,450 posts
AeroScale: 30 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2015 - 03:10 PM UTC
which type and Number of Mig-21?
SgtSnake
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:08 PM UTC
Greetings, Miloslav, thanks for your reply. I apologize for leaving you hanging, life keeps getting in the way! As to your reply I have a picture of an F-13 in the colors in question, as well as a separate photo of what I think is a PFM as well. Both are Czech Air Force, deactivated and considering the overall condition they have both been stored outside. The colors intrigue me, and since the pictured aircrafts' colors are so faded I just can't tell if the underside is the Air Superiority Blue color or a lighter shade, or natural metal(doubtful?).
I will post the photo I have shortly, please check back this week. Thanks!
bulivyf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Greetings, Miloslav, thanks for your reply. I apologize for leaving you hanging, life keeps getting in the way! As to your reply I have a picture of an F-13 in the colors in question, as well as a separate photo of what I think is a PFM as well. Both are Czech Air Force, deactivated and considering the overall condition they have both been stored outside. The colors intrigue me, and since the pictured aircrafts' colors are so faded I just can't tell if the underside is the Air Superiority Blue color or a lighter shade, or natural metal(doubtful?).
I will post the photo I have shortly, please check back this week. Thanks!

Hi,
send me your email, I can send you some reference of F-13 came..Very good is this set:
http://shop.ciromodels.com/1-48-obtisky/77-1-144-eskoslovenske-experimentalni-kamuflae.html
and book:
http://www.jakab.cz/mig211.htm
english text
SgtSnake
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:04 AM UTC
Okay, Miloslav, I finally got a shot of the aircraft put into a gallery for me, You can view it there. Still having a problem with getting it into the forum replies. Anyway, I will check out your links and get back with you in the next couple days.
My 35th anniversary is happening this weekend, as well as a bike show I've entered. On the same day. Some creative schmoozing is in order.
Removed by original poster on 09/17/15 - 07:18:09 (GMT).
bulivyf
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Praha, Czech Republic
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2015 - 01:57 AM UTC
I have Ciro Decals and book I send to you as PDF.
 _GOTOTOP