_GOTOBOTTOM
Cold War (1950-1974)
Discuss the aircraft modeling subjects during the Cold War period.
Hosted by Tim Hatton
67th RTS and 67th RWS
paradi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 04:08 AM UTC
Looking for aircraft information, model and decal information on the 67th Recon. Technical Squadron (RTS) and/or 67th Weather Recon. Squadron for the period of the early 1960s in Japan and the Western Pacific.
The 67th RTS was based at Yokota, but had no aircrafts.
The weather squad flew the aerial photo missions.
Also interested in any other aircrafts and organizations that flew photo missions during that time and place, including the very early days of Vietnam.
Thanks in advance.
Peter
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:03 PM UTC
Peter,
1st order of business: Welcome to Aeroscale. You're going to really like it here. As for your questions, I did a few Google inquiries, with much luck, till is just entered:67th Recon. Technical Squadron (RTS) and/or 67th Weather Recon. Squadron, and came up with 5 pages of sites that might be a start for you. Decals will prove to be harder to track down as a lot of the AM ones are here today, and gone tomorrow kind of deal. Let us know how your research turns out.
Joel
paradi
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
AeroScale: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 20, 2015 - 11:51 PM UTC
Thank you. What is/are a good source of USAF decals?
BTW I spent four years processing data from those recon flights, never considered the source. Now, as a model builder, I would like to have a souvenir of the planes that produced all that information.
Peter
 _GOTOTOP