_GOTOBOTTOM
Pre-Flight Check
Constructive critique of your finished or in-progress photos.
Scratch/Converted M123A1C 10-ton Tractor
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 08:53 AM UTC
Here are some in-progress shots of my M123A1C tractor that I have been gathering parts for for over a year. It is finally getting started. The base kit is the old Revell/Renwall 5-ton wrecker. I used the cab front, frame and rear running gear from it. Mated the rear of Italeri M923 cab and windshield frame to the cab. Tires and front axle are from Dragon Wagon along with 5th wheel. Wheels are from a 1/24th Ertl International Payster Dumptruck. Also used many other parts from Dragon Wagon and Italeri 5-ton. It will eventually be mated with a modified Dragon Wagon M15 trailer to M15A1 standard by widening trailer and adding new ramps over tires. The Photos:

tom
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
AeroScale: 11 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 01:02 PM UTC
I was thinking about doing a truck myself but not sure what type I should do you have given me so ideas from your build. It looks great from what I am seeing so far. The detail is coming along nicely where do you get your mesurements from that is the only thing stopping me from superdetailing my models. I don't want to have my build look weird with not so accurate detail. So far I only detailed small hands on my tank.

PS
looking forward to updates on your build
Happy Modeling
MrRoo
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 02:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

where do you get your mesurements from that is the only thing stopping me from superdetailing my models. I don't want to have my build look weird with not so accurate detail.

you can scale off photos when you have one known measurement...such as the diameter of a wheel. You measure the wheel in the photo and then the part you wish to make and then scale accordingly.

GINO your tractor looks good even though the pics appear blurry. keep us up to date with progress please
animal
_VISITCOMMUNITY
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 03:23 PM UTC
Looking good so far. I would like to see a photo or two of the right side if posible. You state that you are using 1/24 scale wheels? Did they fit the tires or did you have to modify? Like Cliff says keep us posted.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2004 - 03:37 PM UTC
Thanks guys. On the 1/24th wheels, I had to cut off the outer lip and sand slightly, but not too far off. As for measurments, I have a set of scale blueprints courtesy of the Mack Truck Museum. They are invaluable and have given me a great amount of detail and show items I had no idea as to where they went. I will keep everyone updated as the project progresses. The next big step is the dual winches behind the cab. They should be fun, they are full of details.
 _GOTOTOP