_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Need a Little Help with Roden
Thearmorer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
AeroScale: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 02:41 AM UTC
To anyone out there that might have some info. Here's my tale of woe: I recently picked up Roden's C-123B kit and during my standard cleaning of the sprue, I made a very disturbing discovery. It appears my kit was boxed on a Monday morning or Friday afternoon, because upon closer inspection I realized someone down at the Roden Plant inserted 2 "C" sprues (upper wing halves) and NO "G" sprue (lower wing halves) in my kit. I've tried repeatedly to email Roden (the only contact info I could find) to see what I need to do to rectify (and we all know how painful that can be!) my dilemma. To date, no answer to my queries. So if anyone has a good (or at least workable) method of contacting Roden I'm more than eager to know. Thanks in advance.
DR
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 09:10 PM UTC
DM,
That really sucks. Haven't heard of a whole sprue screw up like that for some time. As a last resort, an you return the model for exchange or at worst a refund?
Joel
Thearmorer
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 121 posts
AeroScale: 118 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 04:49 AM UTC
A little information for the huddled masses out there: Yes, RODEN does monitor their website/emai, No, they don't give you any indication they do. I get a little note in the ole mailbox telling me to report to the post office and pick up some registered mail. Lo-and-behold, it's an envelope from Roden (the front of which is completely covered with stamps) containing the missing wing bottoms. That is apparently what it takes to get registered mail from Kiev, Ukraine to the next-to-the-last house, end of the trail, western North Carolina, but they came through for me. At least I think it's Kiev, my comprehension of cyrillic text is about as close to zilch as you can get and not actually be there. Just to share the wealth, here's the return address if anyone out there ever has a use for it, and/or can decipher it:

Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 06:10 AM UTC
Roden Ltd.
Ul Nevskaya 7a OF.35
G. Kiev 03062 Ukraine

Tel/Fax: +380 44 4565404
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2015 - 07:59 PM UTC
DM,
The good news is that you got the sprue tree you need. I'm waiting for my package from DMolds from the Mother country. Who knows how long that will take.

Joel
 _GOTOTOP