Hosted by Rowan Baylis
Hasegawa Bf 109G-10 finished
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 01, 2015 - 11:22 PM UTC
Here is the finished Bf 109G-10 that was built from the 1/32 scale Hasegawa kit.

Paints used were all Model Master enamels and the markings came from an EagleCals sheet. I chose to mark my model as ''green 4'' of 11./JG 300.

Matrixone
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
AeroScale: 630 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 10:46 AM UTC
The photo work, along with your airfield diorama, looks realistic. Guess you nailed the look of these airfield scenes in 1945.
Excellent build but sorry to hear about your cat.
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 02:29 PM UTC
Just excellent, Les. I feel like i could walk up and touch it.

Gary
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 09:44 PM UTC
Les,
Your work of late has just been tremendous. Each of your builds have been consistent in respect to the extremely high standards you maintained in each of those builds, well documented paint colors/scheme and application, decaling that looks like they were painted on, and weathering for that "used but not abused" operational look. Your Bf109G-10 certainly fits that description. Then add your professional photography and creative presentation for what I would certainly consider "The Total Package".

Joel
matrixone
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 869 posts
AeroScale: 862 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 11:40 PM UTC
Thanks very much Bernd, Gary, and Joel!

The model turned out okay and whenever I finish a model its usually a good feeling but my cat became ill and died a few days later so the joy of finishing something was tempered by the loss of the cat.

Since I take all my pictures related to modeling outdoors the cat was always there observing my efforts and was almost like an assistant to me, the pictures taken of this model was the first time my cat was not there as my 'helper' and realized then just how much he added to my life.

Anyway...
two more images of the 109,

Matrixone
 _GOTOTOP