Hurricane A and B Schemes when to use?
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 - 06:21 PM UTC
Hi again,

well, this is probably a stupid question, but I need some help here. I have build some Hurricanes so far and all are uneven serial numbers wearing the A scheme (o.k. i have done a fabric wing Hurricane that is actually an even number but still has the A scheme .. probably my bad)

I am in the middle of another Hurricane project (Airfix) and I want to do Ken Mackenzie's SDoX V6799. It is shown with a B scheme in the instructions...

sooo is the "rule": uneven --> A scheme; even--> B scheme wrong? Are there any photographs of this machine that can prove the B Scheme?

Many thanks in advance!

all the best

Steffen
Antoni
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 574 posts
AeroScale: 573 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 - 07:41 PM UTC
In general even numbered Spitfires had the A pattern while odd number had the B pattern. With Hurricanes it is mostly the B pattern seen on even numbers and the A Pattern on odd numbers. There are always exceptions.

There is a photograph of it It cab be found on page 319 of the Book 'The Battle of Britain then and now'.
alpha_tango
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
AeroScale: 5,231 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 - 08:19 PM UTC
Many thanks Antoni!

looking at the photo of the bellylanded machine I think the Airfix instructions are wrong and this Hurricane has the A-Scheme...

all the best

Steffen
RYSZARD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Krakow, Poland
KitMaker: 486 posts
AeroScale: 485 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2015 - 10:26 PM UTC
This can be helpful

_GOTOTOP