Eduard Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-8/R2 1/48
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 844 posts
AeroScale: 630 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 04:28 PM UTC
Hello
here are some pictures from my newest "roll out". Again a kit from my stash of half build kits. Its Eduards very nice Fw 190 in 1/48 scale as a Profi Pack kit, build ooB added only a gun barrel and pitot set from Master.
Its the first of four Eduard 190s getting finished, all will be build in a closed condition.
Its more complex than Hasegawa or Tamiya but worth the effort.
In the end result, i kept weathering at a very low level, no staining and chipping.
The kit decals were used and worked really good, i didn t had photos of the real aircraft so i won t claim too much accuracy, guess my blue in the Reichsdefense band is way too dark for RLM 24, anyway, hope you like it and here is the "walkaround"

Cheers
Bernd
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
Bernd,
Another most impressive build. Rock solid paint and decaling. The light weathering does work well at representing a fairly new operational aircraft.
Joel
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 4,648 posts
AeroScale: 1,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 11:26 PM UTC
Bernd,
Very nice! You paint work looks very realistic. I have two 190's in my stash, so i'll be referring back to this one for inspitation.

Gary
Antilles
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 671 posts
AeroScale: 614 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 01:28 AM UTC
Bernd, this is a really nice modeled kit. I like Your slight weathering of this bird very much! Thanks for sharing.

Oliver
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 02:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd,
Another most impressive build. Rock solid paint and decaling. The light weathering does work well at representing a fairly new operational aircraft.
Joel

Thank you Joel. Less weathering is more on most Luftwaffe birds, especially on late war aircraft, may i add later on some more weathering but it looks fine for me.
This kit is part of a bigger project, three more to go.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd,
Very nice! You paint work looks very realistic. I have two 190's in my stash, so i'll be referring back to this one for inspitation.

Gary

Thanks for that compliment, Gary. Appreciated
What kits do you have in your stash ?
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 03:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd, this is a really nice modeled kit. I like Your slight weathering of this bird very much! Thanks for sharing.

Oliver

Thank you Oliver, i am glad you like this one. Guess aircrafts like this one, stayed in good order and didn t stay long in service.
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, September 20, 2015 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bernd,

Gary

Hi Bernd,
I have the Eduard FW 190 A8 and the Monogram Classic FW. Both are 1/48 scale.

Gary
Boarshead
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
AeroScale: 1 posts
Posted: Monday, September 21, 2015 - 06:52 AM UTC
Bernd, this is my first post here and I would like to say your 190 looks superb. Everything is just right. Light weathering is best rather than being heavy handed. Weathering should draw you in, not stab you in the eyes. Well done. All the best, Don
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 02:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bernd,

Gary

Hi Bernd,
I have the Eduard FW 190 A8 and the Monogram Classic FW. Both are 1/48 scale.

Gary

Hello Gary, the Eduard 190 A-8 is a gem, may you will replace the crosses on the decal sheet, mine were in a wrong dimension ( A-8 Profi Pack )
The old Monogram 190 is much more crude but can be build into a very nice 190 and it has some interesting features, like the wing drop tanks ( for a G ) and under wing weapon packs for A-5/U12
Its just need some more TLC, messed up mine many years ago, if i get a cheap copy, i will do some justice on this kit.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 02:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bernd, this is my first post here and I would like to say your 190 looks superb. Everything is just right. Light weathering is best rather than being heavy handed. Weathering should draw you in, not stab you in the eyes. Well done. All the best, Don

Hello Don you are welcome and thanks for the kind words

Guess a home based interceptor has a different weathering than an aircraft operated from dusty or muddy airstrips behind a frontline. And the applied weathering should be scale like.

Currently i have the Airfix Hawker Hurricane ( old tool ) on my bench, i will try out the salt chipping method, if its a success i will post it here too.

Can t wait to see your modelling here

Best
Bernd
GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2015 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi Bernd,
I didn't know the Eduard wing crosses were the wrong size. I bought some aftermarket decals when I bought the kit, so hopefully they are the right size.

The Monogram kit is funny in that it has 5 decal sets for A5 to A8 with no late war crosses, While the fuselage is A4, and the wing is definitiely not A6 or later. There is no bulge for the MG FF drum. So, I will have to fabricate them once I close off the huge holes for the underwing pods.
I plan to fabricate exhausts as well as open the exits of the cooling louvres. I may buy some aftermarket barrels. The kit MG 151 are too thin and I would prefer the barrels of the MG 17 not to look molded to the fuselage. After that, the only thing I can think of to check is the pilot's headrest. I don't remember if the kit came with one.
I think I will finish it as a Grunherz A4. There are a few of the kits always on EBay, though cost is relative to what the buyer wants to spend.

Best wishes,

Gary
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:22 AM UTC
Hi Gary, guess the best way for the Monogram 190 is to build it as a fighter bomber.Had last evening some Monogram kits in my hand, the Panther, the F-101 anf the P-47 may that can be a next project.
berndm
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Niedersachsen, Germany
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:28 AM UTC
My 190 was well recieved in the modelling forums but the photos were too dark for some. Last Saturday the weather was good so i made new ones with a neutral gray backdrop.
Do they look better ?

GazzaS
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 11:35 AM UTC
Hi Bernd,
Yes, your pictures allow us to see more of your great looking 190! Well done!

Gary
 _GOTOTOP