_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Kinetic Kits
rolltide31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 07:50 AM UTC
Hi all,

Was wondering about the quality of Kinetic 1/48 and 1/32 scale kits. I have the opportunity to acquire some at great prices but wanted to see if their popular or if the quality is good.

Thoughts or experience with these kits?
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 03:00 PM UTC
Check out the reviews page for an unbiased look at Kinetic kits. There are also some build threads available on the site which talk about how they go together.
baldwin8
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 89 posts
AeroScale: 12 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 04:59 PM UTC
My experience is a recent release of theirs, 1/48 AMX single seat. Parts look really good on the trees but the fit of a number of the parts was somewhat disappointing. Things like wing attach area requires care and adjustment. Landing gear as well needs careful attention. Don't expect a Tamiya like assembly.

All depends what your expectations are and read the build reviews not just first look reviews.
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
_VISITCOMMUNITY
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
AeroScale: 7,410 posts
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2015 - 06:56 PM UTC
I have a few Kinetic kits, and I've never really felt up to the challenge of building any of them to this point. I've tackled some rather "interesting" kits in recent years, but the Kinetic kits all seam to have a reputation for fit issues, and in some cases accuracy issues as well, which really doesn't concern me all that much.

Kinetic's really strong point is producing kits that others just don't currently offer. Examples are the Grumman Tracker, Tracer, and Grayhound. All are buildable, and do produce excellent examples, but they do take a lot of work and effort.

Joel
rolltide31
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,481 posts
AeroScale: 7 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 03:57 AM UTC
All,
Thanks for your replies. That's what I was really looking for, first hand personal opinions

Thanks again

Dave
 _GOTOTOP