_GOTOBOTTOM
General Aircraft
This forum is for general aircraft modelling discussions.
Revell 1/32 X-1 NEW BOXING HAS BETTER DECALS
backswampcub
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 172 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 10:28 PM UTC

After completing my Bell x-1 build(1980s boxing) I began to apply my decals which were old and crusty but after some decal bonder sprayed over them were better. Well despite this I managed to ruin some. So I went on ebay and ended up getting the cutting edge sheet that also came with another x-1 still sealed. This kit was the most recent boxing. So I was going to use the CE sheet for my current buld and then build the NACA x-1 with the kit and leftover CE decals. Upon opening the kit I was shocked to find the kit now came with a sheet almost as big as the CE one and included the NACA bird and yeagers bird. And includes both style bars and stars. This was a pleasant surprise. So anyone interested in doing a X-1 but have not due to the decal issues of the past and lack of aftermarket choices can now build one. Just make sure you get the new boxing.
Kevlar06
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 3,670 posts
AeroScale: 833 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2015 - 03:20 AM UTC
There have been several re-boxing's of this kit in the last 15 years, and a brand new one was announced a few months back-- which one are you referring to? Look at the small print on the side of the box, there should be a date mark near the location of manufacture. I have two of the recent releases marked 2003 and the decals are good, but they are only for Glamorous Glennis. There was a CE 1/32 X1E set which went with the CE X1E conversion (now long out of production) that included the winged NACA and stars and bars. VR, Russ
Jessie_C
_VISITCOMMUNITY
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 6,965 posts
AeroScale: 6,247 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2015 - 03:29 AM UTC
Adam is talking about the most recent release. The instructions may be previewed here.
backswampcub
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United States
KitMaker: 172 posts
AeroScale: 6 posts
Posted: Friday, October 09, 2015 - 07:25 AM UTC
That would indeed be the kit I have. The decal sheet is very nice. Side by side with the cutting edge sheet the yellow naca decals have two different fonts. Need to do some research to see who is right. But am very happy with new sheet and also the new grey plastic as the orange was killing me. Just wish they had redone the panel lines.
 _GOTOTOP