_GOTOBOTTOM
Modern (1975-today)
Discuss the modern aircraft age from 1975 thru today.
SU-34 paint Diagram/chart
slickleg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 51 posts
AeroScale: 5 posts
Posted: Monday, October 26, 2015 - 02:17 PM UTC
Hi all

I'm looking for a paint diagram/chart of a su-34 with the black paint finish like the ones operating in Syria at the moment.

Many thanks.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 12:53 AM UTC
I don't think that the new scheme features in any of the old kits (Italeri or the Tamiya rebox).

Airliners.net (??) has pages and pages of the new paint scheme as well as plenty of other folks on google searches. It looks like the dk grey scheme as been replaced on newer version of the plane.
The antenna panels on the tail are very prominent as are the metal undersides of the rear tail planes and wing leading edges.

The 'eggplant' scheme is actually a very dark purple grey. Akan (Akah?) from Russia makes the paint in acylic. It is available in the US from Linden Hill and on ebay.
Begemot decals from Russia make modern 3 color Russian stars, and the BCC codes on the tail. Also on ebay.

I have an old Italeri kit in progress, using Begemot Su 33 stencils for the airframe and weapons, the Akan paints and some mish-mash of ICM, Hasagawa and Trumpeter weapons.

There is an unbelievable build archived in the aircraftresourcecenter.com jet forum that links to an even more comprehensive build, but it unfortunately uses the older teal/blue/green paint scheme.

Short version, the tail is too long and needs surgery and other bits and bobs.

It is a VERY interesting looking aircraft and looks even better loaded up with weapons.
Good luck.
Mike
slickleg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 05:23 PM UTC
Great info there thanks Mike. I shall also be getting the old Italeri kit.
MLD
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
AeroScale: 419 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2015 - 05:53 PM UTC
Jonathan,
There is some hope that Hasegawa, Hobby Boss, or Trumpeter will release a new-tooled version of the Hellduck (not an official designation, but I like it) now that it is in the news in Syria.

Englishrussia.com has some Russian aircraft in Syria pictures in the Russian Army section on pages 1-2. The national insignia and bort numbers are painted over in some but not others.

Be careful and turn your anti-spam protection way up. Their site has a LOT of cookies/popups/junk.

Mike
slickleg
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Gauteng, South Africa
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 06:42 PM UTC
Excellent Thanks guys
 _GOTOTOP