_GOTOBOTTOM
Rotary Wing
Discuss helicopters and other rotary wing aircraft from any era.
Werners Wings - 1/35 H-47 Chinook Stencils
jacksdad64
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 37 posts
AeroScale: 35 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 09:18 PM UTC
I have been lucky enough to have been sent a set of these decals to review by Floyd, of Werners Wings. This is very fortunate as I am building an MH-47 at the moment.

Here is the sheet in full.

As you may notice there are two seperate sections on the sheet. This is due to the top part being rendered in the olive coloured writing seen on black Chinooks. The lower section being done in black for standard OD Chinooks.

Close-up of top section.

Close-up of lower section.

As you can see there are also a goodly selection of other stencils/plaques that adorn the Chinook airfame inside and out such as caution, emergency exit and first aid signs, as well as UNITED STATES ARMY and a load of numbers to allow you to do pretty much any OD airframe.

Now, apart from the fact that there are around 400 decals on this sheet the thing that I am most impressed with is the fact that they can be read!!

Close-up of top decal 142.

Conclusion.

I have used Werners Wings decals recently and they go on a treat and these look to be just as good quality and I am really looking forward to using them. Carrier film looks nice and thin and colour register, where needed, is excellent. I am told these will be available in a couple of weeks.

http://www.wernerswings.com/product.html

Highly recommended.

Many thanks to Floyd for supplying the review sample.
HeavyArty
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
AeroScale: 1,728 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 17, 2015 - 09:30 PM UTC
These look awesome. All Werner's Wings products are great from my experiences using them. These stencil sheets would be great for any helicopter, aircraft, or general purpose application where you need stencils. They could go on almost anything. I think I will have to get a set.
 _GOTOTOP