Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
AeroScale: 4,913 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 08:34 AM UTC
:-) This is the cockpit for my Hasegawa Henschel Hs 129. It's painted in RLM 66 with a black wash and dry brushing with aluminium and grey. The dials were picked out with a white pencil, then they were "glazed" with Kristal Kleer. The seat belts are Eduard pre-painted, very good but a little expensive. Most of this is hidden when enclosed in the fuselage so I haven't tried to do anything fancy. Note that the seat belts, after passing through the armour are bent. This is how I elected to depict the belts after a discussion on the subject on an earlier thread. They will be attached to the cockpit rear bulkhead when the tub is in place.

Mal
Tin_Can
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
AeroScale: 750 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 12:12 PM UTC
Mal, looks great!
Merlin
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
_VISITCOMMUNITY
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 17,582 posts
AeroScale: 12,795 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 07:15 PM UTC
Hi Mal

Lovely job :-) Too bad you say it's mostly going to be hidden.

I've seen several people using the pre-painted harness lately - they really do look neat... I'll have to try them. Are there any problems with the paint flaking as you bend the belts?

All the best

Rowan
SS-74
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 - 07:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Mal

Lovely job :-) Too bad you say it's mostly going to be hidden.

I've seen several people using the pre-painted harness lately - they really do look neat... I'll have to try them. Are there any problems with the paint flaking as you bend the belts?

All the best

Rowan

First Mel,

Looked real good!!!

Rowan, I had used some for my AH-64, and they are awesome, them prepainted seatbelts, no flicking, no nothing. and very soft to bend around. Nice stuff.

Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 08:48 AM UTC
:-) I was going to add etched levers and other bits and pieces, which although simple would have added to the busyness of the cockpit. When I test fitted it into the fuselage and realised that very little would be seen I decided seat belts would be enough. Particularly as my primary reason for building this is to try out a winter whitewash finish. Fuselage is together and the wings are on, I'm aiming to get the primer coat on this on Friday/Saturday, so I can get some practice in, with my new airbrush, pre-shading this and my Spitfire Mk V.

Quoted Text

I've seen several people using the pre-painted harness lately - they really do look neat... I'll have to try them. Are there any problems with the paint flaking as you bend the belts? Rowan

No, the paint doesn't flake when bending. I did have a slight problem with the pads, under the actual belts. They are seperate items and need gluing to the belts, when trying to position them the paint came away, were the CA was. I would recomend scraping off a little of the paint before applying the CA. Although these belts are very good I still prefer to thread a suitable material through etched buckles. These pre-painted ones are only painted on one side so, unless you paint the other side, you can't twist them, or position them more realistically.
MAL
Yellow013
_VISITCOMMUNITY
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 35 posts
AeroScale: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 04:43 AM UTC
Thats the stock instrument panel. Thats pretty darn good for out of the box. by the way nice paint job
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
_VISITCOMMUNITY
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2004 - 07:52 AM UTC
Hi Ted, Welcome to Armorama and thanks I've got a few pics lying around here, including an online build of a Tamiya Spitfire Mk I, in the Gallery under Aircraft
Mal
 _GOTOTOP